• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Didn't a waste pipe split in the Royal London once covering everyone below in shit?
Maybe they covered it up by saying they had loads of Doom Bar to get rid of so held a 2 for 1 offer?

Moor Beer Company - Envy. 4.2% fresh hop ale. Slight vanilla kick, very refreshing.

It's the first ale from Moor Beer Company (from Bristol) that I've tried, but there is a good selection of their beers in the local off license - so I will be getting more next visit.
I've never had an average beer from them let alone a poor one. They're brilliant.

Didn't a waste pipe split in the Royal London once covering everyone below in shit?

Yup, 2 guys who I used to work with were in there at the time. One got lucky and avoided getting hit, the other not so much.

I jest, of course. I'm just desperate for a place that will have the latest Cloudwater DIPA on tap on release date, hosts meet the brewer events, has a beer matched food menu, etc.
Move to leeds 😎

Had some absolutely banging beers over the last few days + a few not worth bothering with.

Westbrook - Gose. Perfect no frills Gose. Doesn't get better than this if you like them
Yeastie Boys - Bigmouth. Pretty nice Session IPA. Not really worth the price though, there are cheaper Session IPA's from British breweries using South Pacific hops that are much better. No point paying extra for this just because it was brewed in NZ.
Cigar City - Florida Cracker White Ale. Standard Belgian White Ale brewed with coriander and orange peel.
Cloudwater - Autumn/Winter IPA (Mosaic + Exp 431). 6.5% East Coast IPA. Awesome. Awesome. Awesome. Need to get some more of this. Can't recommend it highly enough, amazing IPA.
Mikkeller - Citra IIPA. 8.9% DIPA. Seriously bitter West Coast IPA.
Brasserie de la Senne - Bruxellensis. 6.5% Brett Pale Ale. Awesome example of the style.
Brewdog - Self Assembly Pope. 7.4% Coconut Porter. Really nice, way more bitter than other coconut porters I've had.
Brewdog - Cocoa Psycho. 10% Russian Imperial Stout. Love this beer, all coffee & chocolate with a boozy raisin/plum finish
Adnams - Dry Hopped Lager. Don't bother with this one, pleasant enough if there's no other option but just a bit naff.
Broughton - Hopopotamus. Bog standard golden ale.

Next installment of Honest Brew arrived this morning and I received
Fourpure - Switch House - Pale Ale 4.8%
Brouwerij De Molen - Op and Top - ESB 4.5%
Time and Tide - Spratwaffler - Pale Ale 3.7%
Tempest - Unforgiven - Rye 5.4%
White Hag - Little Fawn - Session IPA 4.2%
Brixton - Effra Amber Ale 4.5%
Tuatara - Sauvinova - Nelson IPA 5.3%
Wylam - Solar Terminator - Pilsner 5.8%
Partizan - Kriek - Saison 3.8%
Orval - Wild Trappist Ale 6.2%
Wylam - Club of Slaughter - Imperial Stout 8.8%
8 Wired - Big Smoke - Porter 6.2%

The Indian Brewery - Snow Hill. Just opened today so I've come to try it out.

Really nice. Good atmosphere, 6 cask ales, 6 kegs and several cans and bottles.

Indian music and Bollywood posters all over the place and the snacks include bhajis, samosas, pakoras etc.

It's original without being pretentious and the beer is pretty good too - currently on a Tiny Rebel Fubar which is better than their own offerings if the Indian Summer I tried is anything to go by.

The onion bhajis smell fucking awesome by the way.

Definitely worth a look - it's somewhere different and I hope they make a success of it.

The Indian Brewery - Snow Hill. Just opened today so I've come to try it out.

Really nice. Good atmosphere, 6 cask ales, 6 kegs and several cans and bottles.

Indian music and Bollywood posters all over the place and the snacks include bhajis, samosas, pakoras etc.

It's original without being pretentious and the beer is pretty good too - currently on a Tiny Rebel Fubar which is better than their own offerings if the Indian Summer I tried is anything to go by.

The onion bhajis smell fucking awesome by the way.

Definitely worth a look - it's somewhere different and I hope they make a success of it.

Sounds awesome. It's always baffled me how you can never get anything at a curry house apart from a crappy Indian lager when a nice pale ale or stout would be a far better match for spicy food.

Sounds awesome. It's always baffled me how you can never get anything at a curry house apart from a crappy Indian lager when a nice pale ale or stout would be a far better match for spicy food.
Similarly I've always thought a nice bhaji or pakora would make an awesome bar snack. #winwin

The Vine in West Bromwich is a cracking pub/curry house an ideal mix and well worth a visit.

American Wheat beer is amazing with curry.

Plum Porter, heard good things but I'm not really feeling it, bit too fruity for me.

Very surprised to see that they sell Plum Porter in SPAR now. Seems like it's only ASDA being slow to offer a decent range of beers.

e45c96e3a52dbb340344a53b70ce88b1.jpg

NMBCo Patron's Project 4.01 Noryhern Tropics Passoon Fruit Lassi. 7.4% IPA.

It's not beer but I couldn't see a whiskey thread...

Had dinner with some friends I used to work with last night, one of the girls other half came back towards the end, pretty drunk and got out some whiskies... I'm not massive on whisky but didn't want to let him drink on his own so let him pour me one - was a Japanese one called hibiki 'masters select' and it was amazing! Really easily drinkable.

That might be the most obvious thing ever for real whisky drinkers but was a real surprise to me - will definitely be my whisky of choice going forward.

Back