• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Apparently Enterprise Inns are insisting on an £8 reduction on cask prices.

It's getting worse, people. The race to the bottom is really heating up....

There really isn't much of a student scene in town these days (if there ever was one), you rarely see groups of them out in the pubs. Kids these days don't understand how to have any fun.

Like Mark says, the building itself is a good one and a big glass front like that can be an attractive feature if you do it right. Just turning it into a place I might want to go occasionally will do.

I liked the Varsity a lot as a pub, the service in there was deplorable at times though. Only a notch above the Moon (which should I ever find any place to submit nominations for the worst service in Western Europe, I'll be putting forward, I hate that place).

There's not really anywhere to go in town for a proper night out anymore, think there's only Planet left that I'd class as an out and out club rather than just a bar that sticks music on at night and that place has been borderline derelict for years! Seems strange that the University seems to keep on growing and providing a market for these types of venues but they're just disappearing without being replaced, the Student Union closed too while I was studying so that was another potential destination gone but I'm not sure if it's re-opened since.

The uni actually had the ideal solution in their own hands, they bought The Varsity and The Feathers. Make them into whatever you want and you'll earn serious coin if the quality's right (and students are really fucking easily pleased). Or turn them into admin buildings that you don't really need, whatever.

I didn't even know there was a brewery shop! :icon_lol:

Ah, macro craft then.

I've been in the Sheffield one actually after a gig and they had cans of Dale's Pale and from what I can remember a Vocation on Keg, so all might not be lost!

#supermarketcraft #noteliteenoughforme

I jest, of course. I'm just desperate for a place that will have the latest Cloudwater DIPA on tap on release date, hosts meet the brewer events, has a beer matched food menu, etc.

I jest, of course. I'm just desperate for a place that will have the latest Cloudwater DIPA on tap on release date, hosts meet the brewer events, has a beer matched food menu, etc.

Charges £5 a pint for cask ale, publicly mocks anyone who queries that price structure, has a ritualistic burning of Ruddles/Greene King every evening... ;)

Fuck it, we'll take it over.

Let me look after the name.

:icon_lol:

"People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people, Jez."

Moor Beer Company - Envy. 4.2% fresh hop ale. Slight vanilla kick, very refreshing.

It's the first ale from Moor Beer Company (from Bristol) that I've tried, but there is a good selection of their beers in the local off license - so I will be getting more next visit.

Back