• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Just picked up a four pack of Samuel Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout. Brilliant.

Got another bottle of Trooper to drink this evening.

Morrisons now has four rows devoted to it and it's sold out again...

I managed to find the rare Innis & Gunn Rum Finish ale. Its hard enough finding the whiskey aged one but the rum one is even harder. €3.15 per bottle at retail though.....

Andechs doppel-bock dunkel is the best thing I've ever drank. Just superb. Those monks know how to brew their beer!

Got hold of these Belgian beers this week, so far managed to resist the urge to drink any.

DSC_0045[1].jpg

The Wine Seller on Bridgnorth Rd Compton sell crates of Bathams for those that live nearby, i'm gonna stock up tomorrow ready for my week at Butlins.

The Wine Seller on Bridgnorth Rd Compton sell crates of Bathams for those that live nearby, i'm gonna stock up tomorrow ready for my week at Butlins.

Nice one. I think the off licence on the Penn Road next to Tesco Express does too.

Cool. Micro pubs are ace. A bit out of the way mind you.

Not quite walking distance for me, but I reckon I may have to check it out.

It is yes............if you fancy a long walk

Actually I could walk there. 20 minutes away or so. I don't like real ale though.

If you were tying it in with a matchday then it's right on the bus route which stops directly outside Molineux.

My knowledge of Real Ale is questionable at best (although I am now of an age where I feel I should start drinking it) but thought I'd put in a shameless plug. A friend of my wife and I has his own brewing company.

http://fownesbrewing.co.uk/

I have never tried it so have no idea if it's nice! He does occasionally sport an awesome beard though.

Thanks for the link. Never heard of that one Dan but I'll definitely give it a try if I manage to get up to the Crispin any time soon.

My knowledge of Real Ale is questionable at best (although I am now of an age where I feel I should start drinking it) but thought I'd put in a shameless plug. A friend of my wife and I has his own brewing company.

http://fownesbrewing.co.uk/

I have never tried it so have no idea if it's nice! He does occasionally sport an awesome beard though.

A beard is mandatory if you want to be taken seriously in the real ale world.

real+ale+drinker.jpg

Saw an interesting looking bottle of ale called Doombar today so bought it. Just opened it and now I regret not buying two, its gorgeous stuff.

Saw an interesting looking bottle of ale called Doombar today so bought it. Just opened it and now I regret not buying two, its gorgeous stuff.

Pleased you enjoyed it but I think Doombar is one of the blandest beers I've ever tasted.

Too malty, too 'meh'. No redeeming qualities at all IMO.

Pleased you enjoyed it but I think Doombar is one of the blandest beers I've ever tasted.

Too malty, too 'meh'. No redeeming qualities at all IMO.

We have a very poor selection of ales in this country, and its definitely one of the nicer ones available

Back