• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Badger Ales are lovely. Great from a bottle too.

Agree - Golden Champion is a very nice bottled beer.

I'm going on the Severn Valley Railway on Sunday for Fathers Day (with my dad and father-in-law) so will hopefully get to try a few new tipples in the Railwaymans Arms in Bridgnorth. Looking forward to it.

Anyone tried any Teignworthy Brewery ales?

http://www.teignworthybrewery.com/26/cask-ales-all-year-round

Our wedding venue has asked us to choose which one we would like for our wedding next year but I've not had any before so would like some recommendations. I guess I could email them and say "Which one tastes most like Bathams??"

Our wedding venue has asked us to choose which one we would like for our wedding next year but I've not had any before so would like some recommendations. I guess I could email them and say "Which one tastes most like Bathams??"

I'm pretty sure I had one called Neap or something like that on the way down to Cornwall a couple of years ago - I think they're Devon based. It was okay actually (a standard, sub-4% session ale IIRC), but you're not going to find anything like Bathams down that neck of the woods!

I had some Trooper on tap last Saturday - I thought it was superb! I also tried a coffee beer that whilst interesting I doubt I would have again - good job in was in one of those 3 glass beer bat thingys!

That'd be Neap Tide. It's their lowest strength one by the looks of it. Not a bad idea when it'll be dished out for free.

The descriptions are about as helpful as French air traffic control:

This is our popular session beer at 4%. It has a clean, quenching taste and smooth finish. It is made with traditional floor-malted barley and a blend of English hops.
This is a copper coloured ale with sweeter overtones. It has a traditional best bitter strength, offering the drinker a well balanced and smooth pint.
This is a lovely golden ale with a good, hoppy, citrus taste.
This beer is light in colour, with a refreshing citrus taste. It has won Premium Ale Class at the Maltings Beer Festival.
This is a light bronze coloured ale, full of Golding Hops, which gives it a flower/fruity aromatic finish.

Not much between them!

Tell them that you need to be able to sample them all FOC before making a decision.

If not then go for the Gold Machin. You know it makes sense.

The only way you'll know is to taste it for yourself!

And the subject of French Air Traffic Control is taboo right now...... Cunts.

Langers, get yourself a bottle of Trooper.

The only way you'll know is to taste it for yourself!

And the subject of French Air Traffic Control is taboo right now...... Cunts.

Yes, I'll hunt some out next time we go and visit Em's folks.

I'm going to stock up with some more for definite. Very impressed with my taster last night.

Still, it's an alternative to what you see everywhere else.

less Elbow-bashing when I'm trying to help you, Mr Machin....

Drinking a bottle of Ebulum. It's an elderberry black ale.

Back