• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

We have a very poor selection of ales in this country, and its definitely one of the nicer ones available

I'd much rather have a pint of Guinness than a pint of Doombar.

I think we're spoilt for choice over here!

I'd much rather have a pint of Guinness than a pint of Doombar.

I think we're spoilt for choice over here!

Tbh, Im fed up with Guinness at the mo, looking for something different. Especially as its summer, I'd rather have a bottle of Doombar than a pint of Guinness at the mo.

Doom Bar is alright. It's very trendy though and doesn't live up to its own hype. Pretty standard malty bitter. The ale equivalent of a bowl of Shreddies. Nowt wrong with 'em, but you'd only have 'em if they were part of a variety pack.

You haven't just mugged off Shreddies!

Agree on Doombar though.

Doom Bar is alright. It's very trendy though and doesn't live up to its own hype. Pretty standard malty bitter. The ale equivalent of a bowl of Shreddies. Nowt wrong with 'em, but you'd only have 'em if they were part of a variety pack.

Personally I'd rate it as a poor malty beer. And I'm not that fussed about malty beers. Cornish ales are notoriously malty but I'd rather have one of the Skinners beers over Sharps.

Asda in Wolves is forever sold out of Doombar, It's pretty decent imo. I'd probably have a Broadside or Victory Ale over it though. The Hobgoblin brewed only on a full moon is pretty decent but expensive.

Personally I'd rate it as a poor malty beer. And I'm not that fussed about malty beers. Cornish ales are notoriously malty but I'd rather have one of the Skinners beers over Sharps.

We dont get either Skinners or Sharpes. We get shite like Smithwicks, Kilkenny, Greene Star, Spitfire, Hobgoblin, some of the Wells stuff like banan bread beer and Innis and Gunn. Poor selection.

Asda in Wolves is forever sold out of Doombar, It's pretty decent imo. I'd probably have a Broadside or Victory Ale over it though. The Hobgoblin brewed only on a full moon is pretty decent but expensive.

I quite like Broadside. And Hobgoblin. Both have far more flavour than Doombar.

DDW - I did like Innis and Gunn when I found some in Brum last year.

Broadside - is that Adnams? That and Hobgoblin are pretty potent actually. Best saved for the end of the night!

Broadside - is that Adnams? That and Hobgoblin are pretty potent actually. Best saved for the end of the night!

Yes - I'm fond of Adnams. Their bitter and SSB (Suffolk Strong Bitter I think) are even better.

But their best is Regatta - a summer ale which is very different to all their others. If you ever see it, give it a try as its hard to find around these parts. Regatta is also very nice from a bottle should you be lucky enough to find one.

I've not found the Regatta and will give it a try if I find it. Adnams Ghost Ship is one of my favourite bottled ales.

Hobgoblin is good as is their Blond Beer Wych Craft.

Yeah, Ghost Ship is also excellent.

Supping a pint of Evolution by Blue Monkey. Good set of beers actually and a cracking pub as well.

Happy Friday.

I hear Batham's get mentioned a lot around here. If I could buy one of their brews (and it'll be premium price since it'll be special ordered), which one should I try first?

I REALLY doubt you would be able to buy it over there. You can't even get it around the UK.

Hobgoblin.

Been to the brewery for their tour. Quality. King Goblin is the potent variant and nice with it too. They also do one called Ginger Beard which is beer flavoured with ginger. Definitely not your shitty Crabbies or whatever it's called, just good ale with a warming, fiery kick.

9159243941_c563e11df4_z.jpg

In honour to the past two seasons!

Nice beer.

I'm supping a Golden Glow whilst watching the tennis. Lazy Friday evening.

I REALLY doubt you would be able to buy it over there. You can't even get it around the UK.

The beer guy in my town has a BUNCH of connections. If he can't get it I'd be mildly surprised.

Just because it's beer related and I found this out today.

The average MONTHLY water bill at the coors brewery in Burton is £75,340.

Last edited:
Back