• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

OK :) Your description of the pub is how I describe the Bostin Fittle that's by the Showcase...

It's a Harvester now.

I only ever went in the Bostin Fittle once. We waited an hour for our starters, got our money back and left before the mains arrived.

1a745db1384e54299b0e1b59143d7095.jpg

My first proper Hones Brew box was delivered just before I came to work and here in time for my Christmas tipples...
Partizan - Saison Lemon & Thyme 3.8%
Yeastie Boys - Pot Kettle Black - Porter 6%
Wild Brew Co - Sleeping Lemon - Goose 3.6%
Brew By Numbers - 21/03 Citra Amarillo Mosaic Pale Ale 5.2%
Hales Ales - El Jefe Weizen - Wheat 4.8%
CRATE - Amarillo Pale 4.5%
Wiper & True - Milkshake Stout 5.1%
Wylam - Haxan - Dunkelweizen 6.2%
Anchor - Porter 5.6%
Roaring Four - Simcoe Session IPA 4.2%
Yeastie Boys - Stairdancer - Wheat Ale 4.4%
8 Wired - Hopwired IPA 7.3%

Aye..Thought I'd give it a go for a while

The Brew By Numbers one is awesome Mike.

The Brew By Numbers one is awesome Mike.

I'm really looking forward to trying them all, there's not one that I've had before and you know how I love to try new beers.
There's a kind of delicatessen called Lewis & Coopers in town and they've started stocking stuff by Tadcaster Brewery and Dales Brewery plus others and a lot of them are strong buggers! Had 3 last night and bought another 4 today...Won't take me long to got through their selection
Enjoy the ales of Nottingham tomorrow Sam

I'm really looking forward to trying them all, there's not one that I've had before and you know how I love to try new beers.There's a kind of delicatessen called Lewis & Coopers in town and they've started stocking stuff by Tadcaster Brewery and Dales Brewery plus others and a lot of them are strong buggers! Had 3 last night and bought another 4 today...Won't take me long to got through their selection
Enjoy the ales of Nottingham tomorrow Sam

I would never of known that if you hadn't said :)

Now now Peter ;)

Did I see you're staying over in Wolves New Years Eve? or did I misread

Yes am staying over that night for the QPR match (though not in Redwings as that + a QPR match is not a good combo)

Using the Premier Inn as got a stupid price of £30.99

I'm staying in the Redwings!
Got the wife coming down for the game too and gonna be meeting up with UKYankee and his lot too...Should be a good New Years Eve ;)

I'm staying in the Redwings!

Got the wife coming down for the game too and gonna be meeting up with UKYankee and his lot too...Should be a good New Years Eve ;)

Cheered me up then as was expecting a fairly dull New Years eve, but not now!! (Might even make it past midnight this year)

Two amazing Imperial Stouts tonight, Brewdog - Cocoa Psycho & Boundary - Gift. Two beers on completely different ends of the spectrum. The Brewdog was all coffee, chocolate & caramel, the Boundary was much 'hotter' but rammed full of plum, boozy raisins, liquorice and marzipan. Think I prefer the Boundary but only just, both absolutely brilliant beers.

I was subjected to a night of absolutely piss poor offerings last night at the NIA and Malt House. Greene King East Coast IPA was the best on offer in the Malt House, it was wank and ran out after my first pint. Had to make do with a fucking John Smiths after that which was utter piss.
The NIA serve only Fosters and Heineken which I just couldn't bring myself to drink so went for a Stowford Press, I'm not a cider drinker so didn't enjoy it at all. Went on Coke after that.

Got home around midnight and cleansed myself with a Signature Brew Stagediver DIPA. It's better than I remember, really juicy full of mango and passion fruit, thick and boozy with a slight maltiness complimenting the hop profile. Top stuff.

I was subjected to a night of absolutely piss poor offerings last night at the NIA and Malt House. Greene King East Coast IPA was the best on offer in the Malt House, it was wank and ran out after my first pint. Had to make do with a fucking John Smiths after that which was utter piss.
The NIA serve only Fosters and Heineken which I just couldn't bring myself to drink so went for a Stowford Press, I'm not a cider drinker so didn't enjoy it at all. Went on Coke after that.

Got home around midnight and cleansed myself with a Signature Brew Stagediver DIPA. It's better than I remember, really juicy full of mango and passion fruit, thick and boozy with a slight maltiness complimenting the hop profile. Top stuff.

It's incredible just how shit macro brewed stuff is. A people say that craft is a rip off!?!

Back