• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Yep, can't argue with those prices...

Pre-flight Thornbridge Chiron American PA. 5% ABV, £5.00 a pint. Ace.

Had a bottle of Chiron yesterday, pretty damn decent.

Currently drinking a Vocation - Life & Death and I'm not sold on it to be honest. Maybe I didn't have it chilled enough? Certainly don't think the claim of "taste = fruit salad" is accurate.

Currently drinking Herm Island Gold by Liberation at a fogbound Jersey airport.

Currently drinking a Vocation - Life & Death and I'm not sold on it to be honest. Maybe I didn't have it chilled enough? Certainly don't think the claim of "taste = fruit salad" is accurate.
Where from? The Tesco stock is hit and miss.

Cracking beer when on form although I've had a few of them below par.

843853e16ee7a8207d6860c5c4342ead.jpg

Amazing Belgian blonde beer. Sweet caramel, orange zest, typical Belgian yeast funk with a balancing bitterness. All in perfect harmony.
Not had much Belgian beer before, but this is an absolute beauty.

Good stuff. Wild Beer and Beavertown are steady away. I hope you like sour as Sleeping Lemons is excellent. The Einstock White is very good too.

Had the Sleeping Lemons from Wild Beer co this evening. Not my bag at all, unfortunately. Far too sour to the point it felt like I was drinking a cider. Won't be buying that one again.

Follow a beer shop owner on Twitter and his review of Cloudwater v10 was less than favourable.

Had the Sleeping Lemons from Wild Beer co this evening. Not my bag at all, unfortunately. Far too sour to the point it felt like I was drinking a cider. Won't be buying that one again.
I can understand. I love sours and Goses and dislike porters and stouts so things like Peruvian Bat Excreted Coffee Mocha Black Forest Gateau Stouts are an anathema to me.

Last edited:
I thouht thought the same when I first had Sleeping Lemons. But I've gotten into sours much more over the past 12 months. It's definitely a style you need to acquire the taste for, but it's worth it in the end.
Grab a can of Salty Kiss by Magic Rock of you see it. It's a Gose, which is a style that adds a bit of salt to balance the sour. Works brilliantly, and the Salty Kiss is a great beer to work your way into the world of sours.

Salty Kiss becomes a bit 'meh' once you get into Gose though.

Tesco have started doing a 12 pack of Punk IPA for £15.

Get stocked up for Christmas!

Drinking a Pogo by the wild beer company. Not too bad, maybe a bit too fruity for my taste, still noticeably a beer though.

Back