• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Sleeping Lemons is something to drink alongside food. Definitely not a session beer.

Think I'm more or less done on the drinks front for Christmas now.

Got myself a case (24 cans) of Neck Oil. Chucked in a few other Beavertown cans & topped it up with some Rothaus German lagers.

I thouht thought the same when I first had Sleeping Lemons. But I've gotten into sours much more over the past 12 months. It's definitely a style you need to acquire the taste for, but it's worth it in the end.
Grab a can of Salty Kiss by Magic Rock of you see it. It's a Gose, which is a style that adds a bit of salt to balance the sour. Works brilliantly, and the Salty Kiss is a great beer to work your way into the world of sours.

Spot on, Salty Kiss was the one that got me going back to sours after my horror experience with a Wild Beer sour last year (can't remember which one it was). Love sours and Goses now, just finished a Mondo Raspberry Flashback actually.

d8aaf9ac39ee298de5122095e2ee02f6.jpg

Today's advent beer. Robinson's - Old Tom. 8.5% old strong ale. Can't remember if I've had this before, but I picked it up in Sainsburys for about £1.80.

Today's advent beer. Robinson's - Old Tom. 8.5% old strong ale. Can't remember if I've had this before, but I picked it up in Sainsburys for about £1.80.

It's a beauty. Loads of dark fruit, sweet malts, with a touch of liquorice and boozy port. Really tasty old ale.

d75163377689f619c2d62c7b4cddb19f.jpg

Siren Liquid Mistress. Biscuit and burnt raisin malt base with peach and grapefruit spark. Siren's rapier or Robbo's bludgeon?

Great Heck - Dave - 3.8% Bitter. A mild all day long and all a bit average. Not very flavoursome just a slight bitterness and a malty base. Boring.

That beer looks and sounds quite nice Leeds.

It is a proper nice beer, had a bottle a couple of weeks ago. Siren are probably one of my top three brewers this year, they've put out some top stuff.

Had liquid mistress on draught in Bristol last year. Picked up a couple of Siren beers from the wine seller on Saturday too.

a8f7f0bc5074ab3a4360eb741afe6d11.jpg

Tonight's tipple. Fucking amazing beer. Imperial coffee stout. It's all coffee. Coffee.

Keeping me one of those back for Boxing Day. Top quality stuff.

I thought it rhymed with "hose" and that it was Gueze that was pronounced "ger-zer" ??

Back