• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

No Elvis Juice at my local Tesco's (it takes some time for things to filter into this part of the country)

Did get some Punk (with a discount voucher) & Dead Pony though

Went to Morrisons last night and they were selling Elvis Juice... Got 8 beers for £12 and will list them tomorrow but all ones I've not had before

e907c7e267726d69aba87df53ad88ed7.jpg

Just to add to the ridiculous stock we've already got...

So, the beers I picked up in Morrisons are
Moose Jaw
Trooper; Red and Black
Brewdog; Elvis Juice
Brewdog; Santa Paws
Sail and Anchor IPA
Coopers Original IPA
Hard Knott Azimuth IPA and
Hard Knott Intergalactic Space Hopper

Thoughts Booz and Machin?

You can't go wrong with Elvis Juice and Santa Paws should be OK. Haven't got a fucking Scooby about the others though mate. Let us know what they're like.

Annoyed. Just been in Sainsburys and Tesco and not a single Elvis Juice in either. FFS!

Was given a few bottles of Crafty Dan 13 Guns for birthday - never had it before, but it's pretty good!

So, the beers I picked up in Morrisons are
Moose Jaw
Trooper; Red and Black
Brewdog; Elvis Juice
Brewdog; Santa Paws
Sail and Anchor IPA
Coopers Original IPA
Hard Knott Azimuth IPA and
Hard Knott Intergalactic Space Hopper

Thoughts Booz and Machin?
Both those Hardknott beers are ace. Here to help....

A first for me tonight. A sour, black IPA. To 0l - Sur Galaxy.
It's as mental as it sounds, but fuck me it's brilliant!

Ægir - Littlebro. 4.7% Session IPA. Really enjoying this one.

Christmas morning sorted:

36b144cd3d88759ece4e791efd954b86.jpg

Bargain at £20 too.

A few beers last night and the pick of the bunch was To Øl Sur Centennial, a sour IPA. Brilliant gooseberry sourness giving way to a hoppy, nettle bitterness. Fucking ace, I could just imagine this shit being served in the inns in Skyrim.

A few beers last night and the pick of the bunch was To Øl Sur Centennial, a sour IPA. Brilliant gooseberry sourness giving way to a hoppy, nettle bitterness. Fucking ace, I could just imagine this shit being served in the inns in Skyrim.

Coincidentally, I had the Sour Black IPA version. Absolutely crazy beer. Sour lemon, grapefruit, orange, sherbert, melon and tropical fruits from the hops, with a deep, complex roasted malt base. Somehow, it all worked.

Absolutley stunning artwork on the can too:

Sur-Galaxy-Can.jpg

Had a Shipyard American IPA yesterday. Was a bit plain and boring.

Also opened the Smog Rocket from Beavertown but instantly gave it to the father in law to have instead. The clue was in the name but it's too dark and murky for my tastes - I had a sip but wasn't a fan. Much prefer the lighter, fruity stuff like Gamma Ray, Neck Oil etc.

Last edited:
Shipyard, like 13 Guns is 'Meh'. Mainstream brewer dabbling in craft.

Popped into the pub after work and can confirm that Greene King Rocking Rudolph is awful.

Back