• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Popped into the pub after work and can confirm that Greene King Rocking Rudolph is awful.
I made a point of not trying that last week due to the pump being covered in flashing lights.

Brewdog - Ace of Equinox. Best of this series so far IMO.

Rewillow - Shameless IPA. Really easy going IPA from a brewery I've not really rated before. Pleasantly surprised.

Anchor - Our Special Ale (2016). 6.5% 'Winter Warmer' ale. This is a fucking beautiful beer. A full, sweet beer with boozy Xmas cake, gingerbread, toffee, nutmeg and an oaky vanilla flavour. Loving it.

Popped into the pub after work and can confirm that Greene King Rocking Rudolph is awful.
I had that last year. Utter shit. Stodgy tasteless muck.

Greene King excel at putting out absolutely fucking awful beers. Mighty Moose is the only one I know of that's anywhere near half decent.

Went for a pint after work with the boss and they had Punk IPA on tap. Bonus.

Langers will pleased to know they served it in a Doom Bar pint glass.

a1d984bf1633d246bb4245c72ae12dfc.jpg

The Christmas Eve & Day lineup is complete and in at the in-laws...

I made a trip to our bottle shop this afternoon. My selection:

Magic Rock - Common Grounds triple coffee Porter

Wild Beer - Millionaire

Beaver town - Neck Oil

Northern Monk - Eternal

Wiper&True - Milk Shake

And chosen for me by my daughter, hopefully because of the feather on the bottle not because it comes from the Two Cocks brewery - 1643 Musket bitter

Milk Shake and Common Grounds are fucking lush.

So is Millionaire!

Tried to get a Wineybeest or Gazillionaire today, but they were all out.

Good to hear the stouts/porters should be good. Not had any of them before.

So is Millionaire!

Tried to get a Wineybeest or Gazillionaire today, but they were all out.

I didn't like Millionaire to be honest, can see why others love it though.

Thought it'd be right up your street Booz! Howcome? Too sweet? I find the body isn't as good from a bottle, but it's brilliant on tap.

Yeah too sweet, it was OK at first but just got too overpowering and sickly. Shame because, like you say, I thought I'd love it after hearing about it.

Fair enough, I can understand that. It is a pretty sweet one, I wouldn't want it to be any sweeter for sure.

Might open the Of The Sea tonight if I'm brave enough...

That's one I just know I can't do. Rich at Tilt was saying the other day that Wild Beer are one of his favourite brewers but even he won't try it. It just makes me think of jellyfish and slimy rocks and stuff. Let us know how it is mate!

That's one I just know I can't do. Rich at Tilt was saying the other day that Wild Beer are one of his favourite brewers but even he won't try it. It just makes me think of jellyfish and slimy rocks and stuff. Let us know how it is mate!

Fair enough, I can understand that. It is a pretty sweet one, I wouldn't want it to be any sweeter for sure.

Might open the Of The Sea tonight if I'm brave enough...
I imagine it will just add a bit of saltiness. One of the Rainbow Beers had some shellfish in it and it was beautiful. Plus, they've been making stouts with oysters for centuries.

I imagine it will just add a bit of saltiness. One of the Rainbow Beers had some shellfish in it and it was beautiful. Plus, they've been making stouts with oysters for centuries.

Isn't it a Gose?

Back