• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Did a bit of a haul in the local off license at lunch. Should keep me going up to Christmas.

Wild Beer co - Sleeping Lemons - 3.6%
Flying Dog - Doggie Style pale ale - 5.5%
Hoppy Joe - American Red ale (from Norway) - 4.7%
Brauhaus - Tegernseer Hell - 4.8%
Wild Beer co - Pogo - 4.1%
3 x Beavertown - Neck Oil
Beavertown - Black Betty
Beavertown - Gamma Ray
Beavertown - Smog Rocket
Beavertown - Tropigamma
2 x Blanche De Bruxelles - Belgium white beer
Einstok Olgerd Icelandic white ale - 5.2%

Good stuff. Wild Beer and Beavertown are steady away. I hope you like sour as Sleeping Lemons is excellent. The Einstock White is very good too.

Day 2

Northern Monk - Double Heathen

A 10% double IPA. Had the Mango Lassi Heathen, which was insanely good, but this one was voted as Northern Monk's best beer of 2016, so I've got pretty high hopes.

94ca7ce516c72c39b0b1c4e0e1543e85.jpg

BBNo's 21/03. Glorious stuff and I think my favourite beer of this year and I think close to my all time (Cwtch by Tiny Rebel).

BBNo's 21/03. Glorious stuff and I think my favourite beer of this year and I think close to my all time (Cwtch by Tiny Rebel).

Just had that one as well! Awesome beer.

Just had that one as well! Awesome beer.

For me it just had a little bit of everything a pale citrusy ale should be which was perfect, a really drinkable brew at any time of the year.

Completely agree. Just wish I'd ordered more than one.

I'm on my annual quest of "what wine do I take round for Chrimbo dinner?". Last year I took a nice bottle of Prosecco but it didn't get drunk during the meal, so it can be something completely different this year. Both my cousin and auntie and uncle are big wine drinkers (piss heads really tbh) , especially red.

Any ideas for something a little different?

Are these classed as Christmas beers?

JZLiE5A.jpg

Day 2

Northern Monk - Double Heathen

A 10% double IPA. Had the Mango Lassi Heathen, which was insanely good, but this one was voted as Northern Monk's best beer of 2016, so I've got pretty high hopes.

94ca7ce516c72c39b0b1c4e0e1543e85.jpg
Voted by the Brethren as the No 1
2 being Mango Lassi Heathen
3 being Neopolitan

Personally Hops or 822 would have been my preference to Neopolitan.

Black sheep was the guest beer this evening at the Hanson Cab in Hinckley. And very nice as well.

Brewdog's Self Assembly Pope (a coconut porter) goes on release tonight.

Will Monk, Black, Chilli and Rye Hammer remain available, or are they only "limited editions" like the Aces series?

I think they're all limited edition releases.

Back