• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Really enjoying the Penny Lane Pale by Mad Hatter. Light, fruity and very drinkable. Guess I like mosiac and/or simcoe hops...

Really enjoying the Penny Lane Pale by Mad Hatter. Light, fruity and very drinkable. Guess I like mosiac and/or simcoe hops...

Had one the other night and enjoyed it. Mad Hatter brew some quality stuff.

Verdant Light Bulb - 4.8% Extra Pale Ale. Meh. Not much to it really, vague hints of grapefruit in what is a mainly flavourless brew. Not impressed.

Boundary Push & Pull Imbongo - 5.5% IPA. Really fruity with citrus and apple, long dry, bitter fruity finish. Good stuff.

Pressure Drop India Rubber Ball - 7.2% Citra IPA - Fell in love with this one immediately from the nose, it's primed with clementine juice and it hits you straight away. Really rich toffee and orange body with a sweet piney finish. Delightful.

Siren Ryesing Tides - 7.4% IPA. Very earthy and funky, kind of like a quality IPA/Saison hybrid. A background of oranges and grass with a full malty hop profile. Really interesting.

Couldn't resist those Omnipollo x Buxton porters, so pulled the trigger on this lot:

Buxton v Omnipollo - Rocky Road - Porter 10%
Buxton v Omnipollo - Texas Pecan - Porter 10%
CRATE - Coconut Porter 4.6%
CRATE - Nut Brown Ale 5.2%
Verdant - Even Sharks Need Water - IPA 7%
Tuatara - Tiramisu Oatmeal Stout 7%
Tuatara - Tu-Rye-Aye - Black IPA 6%
Omnipollo - Mazarin - Pale Ale 5.6%
Wiper and True - Winter Palace - Imperial Stout 9.1%
Siren - Ten Dollar Shake - IPA 6.6%
Buxton - Winter IPA 6.3%

£51 on 11 beers :yikes:

Fucking Royal Mail claimed this was delivered on Sunday. I was in all day. No delivery, no "Sorry We Missed You" card. Nothing.

So now I've got to knock on doors up and down my road to see if it's been left with them. FFS! What makes it more annoying is that even if Honest Brew give me a refund hardly any of those beers are available anymore.

At least with Yodel you could see online exactly which house your package was at. Hmpf.

Fucking Royal Mail claimed this was delivered on Sunday. I was in all day. No delivery, no "Sorry We Missed You" card. Nothing.

So now I've got to knock on doors up and down my road to see if it's been left with them. FFS! What makes it more annoying is that even if Honest Brew give me a refund hardly any of those beers are available anymore.

At least with Yodel you could see online exactly which house your package was at. Hmpf.

That's the same thing that happened with my order, just an email saying it had been delivered but no sign of it at home and no clue where it had been left. Even more annoyingly for me RM had delivered another package the same day that went back to the sorting office and so had a note left for that one, thankfully our next door neighbour bought it round for me the following day.

CzjjoM2WQAQLWAP.jpg:large

Need to find one of these babies!

Yodel delivered mine last Friday, wonder why they're sending boxes with different delivery services? My last one was Royal Mail.

e9702a06006e49d7cfddafa4af46ef89.jpg

Thank fuck for that! Was sitting at a neighbours house - thanks for letting me know then... :/

Compiled my own beer advent box that runs from today until New Years Eve.
First up is a special, unreleased, experimental beer from Moseley Beer Company. It's a scotch ale that's been sat in a whisky barrel for 6 months. Shall be cracking it shortly...

2887b35e6f19bf50f0dde13d8bd3e725.jpg

Oops, bottle was completely goosed. Cracked a Wild Horse - Chocolate Orange Stout instead, which is a beauty.

Did a bit of a haul in the local off license at lunch. Should keep me going up to Christmas.

Wild Beer co - Sleeping Lemons - 3.6%
Flying Dog - Doggie Style pale ale - 5.5%
Hoppy Joe - American Red ale (from Norway) - 4.7%
Brauhaus - Tegernseer Hell - 4.8%
Wild Beer co - Pogo - 4.1%
3 x Beavertown - Neck Oil
Beavertown - Black Betty
Beavertown - Gamma Ray
Beavertown - Smog Rocket
Beavertown - Tropigamma
2 x Blanche De Bruxelles - Belgium white beer
Einstok Olgerd Icelandic white ale - 5.2%