• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

My Honest Brew order just turned up but I'm too knackered to drink any of them. Got a few session IPAs and a RedXRum in the fridge which will do for tonight.

8 for £12! No plum porter left though.

eef55ae76f45250fd4629f37ea084379.jpg

My Honest Brew order just turned up but I'm too knackered to drink any of them. Got a few session IPAs and a RedXRum in the fridge which will do for tonight.
The RedXRum is awesome mate.

I remember reading somewhere that it was good so I bought a couple. One more for the Christmas pile then!

Noooooooooooo. Why have they put that beer in a clear bottle???

Noooooooooooo. Why have they put that beer in a clear bottle???

Always been in a clear bottle. I think it's to do with being called Iceberg. I prefer beer in brown bottles, although I'm still getting used to canned stuff so I'm no barometer!

Yeah, white star and plumb porter are in brown bottles.

Yeah, white star and plumb porter are in brown bottles.

Have you done the brewery tour Tredman?

On another note, really enjoying the Dark Star Revelation, I like the dry bitter finish after the pine start and caramel middle (that's as far as my tasting notes go).

Always been in a clear bottle. I think it's to do with being called Iceberg. I prefer beer in brown bottles, although I'm still getting used to canned stuff so I'm no barometer!

Brown bottles are used for a reason, they prevent the beer from getting light stricken.

Have you done the brewery tour Tredman?

On another note, really enjoying the Dark Star Revelation, I like the dry bitter finish after the pine start and caramel middle (that's as far as my tasting notes go).
Not yet, been meaning to go with the old man for ages. Have you been?

Not yet, been meaning to go with the old man for ages. Have you been?

I have and it really is a brewery in a shed in Burslem! The beer's outstanding though and if you catch Dave (the owner) his knowledge is fantastic. It is well worth it and I've been lucky enough to catch their prototype beers the last time I went along with the Plum Porter and Captain Smiths.

Instead of free beer they give you beer tokens now, which is a shame as they limit you to just the 5 pints, it used to be as much as you can consume.

Brew By Numbers 21|03
Best pale ale I've ever had. Juicy pineapple, grapefruit and mango. Sooooo juicy.

Sadlers - Mud City Stout. Pretty decent! Nice chocolate and coffee flavours, good malt base and not too sweet like I've found a few of their beers. Can't go wrong for the price.

I see that Huddersfield now have their own Magic Rock beer in the stadium!

Had the first of my Thornbridge - Eldon this evening.

Wasn't convinced at first, seemed very harsh, but it soon mellowed to a very smooth, enjoyable drink. Noticed the use by stretches out all the way to Feb 2018 too so might hold onto a few for as long as possible and see how it changes over time.

I see that Huddersfield now have their own Magic Rock beer in the stadium!
The tap room is only about 5 minutes walk from the stadium too. As long as you head to the correct stand - sorry about that Lycan :icon_lol:

The tap room is only about 5 minutes walk from the stadium too. As long as you head to the correct stand - sorry about that Lycan :icon_lol:

We should've stayed in the Tap.

DIPAv10 available on Eebria now. Just ordered a mixed case of 3 x DIPAv10 and 3 x Cloudwater IPA, six banging Christmas beers there to add to the collection!

Back