• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I'm going to compile a 2016 Top 10. ATM NMBCo have 4 entries.

Was thinking of doing the same. Entries so far would be (in no particular order yet):

Howling Hops/Verdant - Uto Black
Siren/Brewdog - Ten Dollar Shake
Howling Hops - Double Chocolate Coffee Toffee Vanilla Milk Porter
NMBCo - Double Heathen
Brewdog/Omnipollo - Flat-Pack Fruit Bat
Cloudwater - DIPAv9
NMBCo - Mango Lassi
Buxton - Extra Porter

Leaving a couple of spaces for beers to come over Christmas. That lineup may well change come December 31st but it's doubtful.

EDIT: Shit, missed Ruination 2.0 out. Going to have to revise I think...

I have up to press;

NMBCo;
Double Heathen Citra
Hops
Heathen Mango Lassi

Cloudwater DIPA V9

Birrificio del Ducato;
Chrysopolis
La Luna Rossa

Landed a disHonest box for £6 then threw in the £50.48 order below to grab free shipping.

Beavertown v Caravan - Spresso - Stout 9.5% (x2)
Beavertown - Tropigamma - IPA 7%
Mad Hatter - RedXRum - Red IPA 7.2%
Wiper and True - Winter Palace - Imperial Stout 9.1%
Howling Hops v Verdant - Uto - Double Black IPA 9.3%
Beavertown - Lupuloid - IPA 6.7%
Wiper & True - Milk Shake - Stout 5.1%
Wiper and True - Small Beer - Pale Ale 2.7%
Northern Monk - Northern Star - Mocha Porter 5.9%
Brixton - Windrush - Stout 5%
Beavertown - Holy Cowbell Can - Stout 5.6%
Siren - Broken Dream - Stout 6.0%
Siren - Soundwave - IPA 5.6%
Beavertown - Black Betty Can - Black IPA 7.4%
Runaway - Double IPA 7.2%
Brew by Numbers - 03|05 - Porter - Willamette & Centennial 6%

My top ten so far, in no particular order:

Buxton - Quadrupel. An 11% Belgian Quad.

Harviestoun - Ola Dubh (18 year special reserve). 8% Imp Stout aged in 18 year old Highland Park Barrels.

Gipsy Hill x Craft Beer Channel - Drifter. 7% East Coast IPA.

Schneider Weisse x Garret Oliver - Meine Hopfenweisse (Tap 5). Collab between Schneider Weisse and Garrett Oliver from Brooklyn Brewery. 8.2% hopped up Hefe.

Modern Times - Fruitlands Apricot. 4.8% Apricot Gose.

Modern Times - Black House. 5.8% Coffee stout.

Great Divide - Espresso Oak Aged Yeti. 9.5% Imp Stout aged in oak barrels over espresso.

Westbrook - One Claw. 6% Rye pale ale.

Almanac - Dogpatch Sour. 7.5% American Wild Ale. Basically a Flanders red but aged in red wine barrels over rainier cherries with both wild yeast and a sourdough culture.

Tiny Rebel - Clwb Tropicana. 5.5% IPA.

These are just beers that I've tried in 2016, not necessarily beers that have been released this year btw.

However I've got a Buxton x Omnipollo - Yellow Belly on my shelf that I'll be opening soon. I expect that'll make its way into that list if it's even half as good as the hype suggests.

I really wish I'd have ordered one of those when they had it in HB.

Another quick word for HonestBrew's customer service. I'd set up an order for just over £50 to bag free shipping but was waiting for the disHonest Box to drop low enough to add on. Come this afternoon and I looged into HB and saw the disHonest deal had gone down to £6.00, added it to my cart and ordered. It came up just the disHonest box at £11.99 with shipping so I spoke to them over live chat and they told me to put my order through and they'd combine them, lo and behold my £11.99 order is now down to £6. Can't praise their customer service highly enough.

Yeah another vote for Tropicana here. A stunning liquid.

Off to the Bathams in a mo. Praying there's some XXX on but I would have to be incredibly lucky to find some.

Had a Belgium White by the Blue Moon brewing company this afternoon. Not bad at all.

Troegs Mad Elf. Lovely but at 11% can feel my cheeks glowing after 2 bottles.

Ten imperial strength beers for £27 delivered with Imperial Beer Club until 9pm.

Aah didn't read the bottom bit, only saw the 'Sign up' button. Brilliant one-time deal that.

Just got this.

attachment.php

That's shit. They're still promoting it on their Twitter.

I've sent them a message so I'll let you know if they get back to me.

Back