• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Silver King is an excellent beer especially on tap at the Black Lion, Rotheell which is an Osset Brewery pub.

Silver King is fantastic. That'll be the pubs fault!

Tonight's lineup:

Cloudwater - DIPA v9
Beavertown - Bloody 'Ell
Beavertown - Lupuloid
Omnipollo - Zodiak
Vocation - Heart & Soul
Thornbridge - Cocoa Wonderland

Last night's beverages (not a bad one between them):

Hobsons Town Crier
Fixed Wheel - Blackheath Stout
Twisted Barrel - Inspired
Beavertown - 8-Ball Rye IPA
Magic Rock - Cannonball
Windswept - APA

Cheeky pickup from Morrisons earlier on their 4 for £6. No Elvis Juice unfortunately.
db5824aa5390c0961cdc52d3b89bd4de.jpg

They do a Brewdog mixes case which contains 3 each of Dead Pony, Punk, 5am Saint and Jackhammer for £16. Stupid good price!

Last night's beverages (not a bad one between them):

Hobsons Town Crier
Fixed Wheel - Blackheath Stout
Twisted Barrel - Inspired
Beavertown - 8-Ball Rye IPA
Magic Rock - Cannonball
Windswept - APA
Cannonball is sooooo fucking good! Was it on tap?

Cheeky pickup from Morrisons earlier on their 4 for £6. No Elvis Juice unfortunately.
db5824aa5390c0961cdc52d3b89bd4de.jpg

They do a Brewdog mixes case which contains 3 each of Dead Pony, Punk, 5am Saint and Jackhammer for £16. Stupid good price!

Nice pick up mate, I'll have to pop in Morrison's. That really is a good price for that Brewdog box, Jack Hammer is £2.60 a bottle which brings the others down to under £1 a bottle.

I can't really drink nowadays, but still have the occasional pint of Guinness or Pedigree. However I can still have shandy :)2xGay:)

Are any of these beers you lot talk about decent for making a different but good tasting shandy? I find the usual lagers a bit boring.

Wouldn't have a clue mate, but there are some blinding low abv beers around these days.
Kernel - Table Beer, Wiper & True - Small Beer, Buxton - Jacobs Ladder, Siren Craft - Half Mast, Anspach & Hobday - The Table Porter. Probably loads more than that.

Nice pick up mate, I'll have to pop in Morrison's. That really is a good price for that Brewdog box, Jack Hammer is £2.60 a bottle which brings the others down to under £1 a bottle.
There's loads in there mate. The real ale section is pretty decent too. Oakham Citra being the standout.

Wouldn't have a clue mate, but there are some blinding low abv beers around these days.
Kernel - Table Beer, Wiper & True - Small Beer, Buxton - Jacobs Ladder, Siren Craft - Half Mast, Anspach & Hobday - The Table Porter. Probably loads more than that.
It doesn't have to be low ABV, just decent tasting and works well with lemonade. Oh and something I can find at the supermarket.

Ah, OK. I was thinking low abv as to negate the need for lemonade!

Try a Punk IPA with it, I can't even start to think what would work as I don't do it. May just be a process of elimination.

Give Harbour IPA a go Bear. Not got bags of hop flavour, but it's got plenty of citrus bite and bitterness with a decent sweet malt base. £2 for a 500ml bottle in Sainsburys.

Cheers, will have a look at both of those.

Oh and Caesar Augustus by Williams Brothers. A hoppy lager which might give you a bit more flavour than your standard macro lager for a shandy. 500ml, £2 in Sainsburys again.

Brewdog do a 0.5% brew called Nanny State which may be worth your while.

Doodlebug is a 2.5% but I've not seem that lately.

Back