• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

It's spreading everywhere. Even the little Co-op round the corner from me, who were responsible for the worst ever beer shelf in 2016...

Ndx_WiLnS1lyiG7gwTYqMdiy1hEHjTmghR0TcNMELAUlHeN-A2yOIhLZ-aMGiqfc3esaiUquet-T-KdX_933q3SPRNpwKSRV01IKOWWhD7S5_ezxA-m0HI6a8WVConiPNKnub0hX3uBHnQhfGFHXNNoqjN2TrBDIafkdvewnKqbUyka3jrM9zLsGNY-g3K7jG1iT37Fg62Denrlzerx56oOXgReLFr3L7kjlkkUaOcirXn7HD2qDzzkwQ_628L0lgDAp3REBWBaaxtrrh8Pd7HpX4i1AX0rzJFtdxdbb4zoEKaWOKIa4dMxid-7Sh1Tn4pBmGbwHeJXxDfHZOsN1EtIRC4HShEhHIRwbApjYI1LtMEZADDNQByY8E0C70VEpjbl5TLC71dDZos-hJhGVwJVmD4sqI3UblNORSJCFqliCvWqdYVHyB-uncZtZLxE8XH0knxswjO9yMHOycJy-fmjBA5l4E1hXlSoWKEN3PzECkFJXz7lww3wL8gFaIujIHy279UwWkk_LCIURNHlJMnWWbuPSXxGRnY_s_kVEvkxCGlGmtXV5kqSiTvLGb0UAO2QwevpZBabBRqqK9xO_KUWezq75nvSqwaZV8NSixZk3C-kH=w1440-h815-no

... now sell Punk IPA, Adnams Dry Hopped Lager, Pistonhead and 3 offerings from Sadlers (Hop Bomb, Peaky Blinder and Worcester Sorcerer)

Shame the pubs are so averse to diversifying.

Depends who they are catering for. Frank would be happy with that shelf (and no, that's not an insult Frank).

It's spreading everywhere. Even the little Co-op round the corner from me, who were responsible for the worst ever beer shelf in 2016...

Ndx_WiLnS1lyiG7gwTYqMdiy1hEHjTmghR0TcNMELAUlHeN-A2yOIhLZ-aMGiqfc3esaiUquet-T-KdX_933q3SPRNpwKSRV01IKOWWhD7S5_ezxA-m0HI6a8WVConiPNKnub0hX3uBHnQhfGFHXNNoqjN2TrBDIafkdvewnKqbUyka3jrM9zLsGNY-g3K7jG1iT37Fg62Denrlzerx56oOXgReLFr3L7kjlkkUaOcirXn7HD2qDzzkwQ_628L0lgDAp3REBWBaaxtrrh8Pd7HpX4i1AX0rzJFtdxdbb4zoEKaWOKIa4dMxid-7Sh1Tn4pBmGbwHeJXxDfHZOsN1EtIRC4HShEhHIRwbApjYI1LtMEZADDNQByY8E0C70VEpjbl5TLC71dDZos-hJhGVwJVmD4sqI3UblNORSJCFqliCvWqdYVHyB-uncZtZLxE8XH0knxswjO9yMHOycJy-fmjBA5l4E1hXlSoWKEN3PzECkFJXz7lww3wL8gFaIujIHy279UwWkk_LCIURNHlJMnWWbuPSXxGRnY_s_kVEvkxCGlGmtXV5kqSiTvLGb0UAO2QwevpZBabBRqqK9xO_KUWezq75nvSqwaZV8NSixZk3C-kH=w1440-h815-no

... now sell Punk IPA, Adnams Dry Hopped Lager, Pistonhead and 3 offerings from Sadlers (Hop Bomb, Peaky Blinder and Worcester Sorcerer)

Shame the pubs are so averse to diversifying.

The fucking state of that shelf!!
My coop still looks like that :(

Literally every time I go in there I check the beer shelf 'just in case'.

My coop still looks like that :(

Literally every time I go in there I check the beer shelf 'just in case'.

Yep, same here. Until yesterday.

There's a bigger Co-op Food about a mile away that's got a pretty good selection, so I guess that's why they don't really bother with this smaller local one.

The M&S Food I've just been in has practically transformed into a craft beer shop, outstanding selection.

Hopefully they roll it out across the country!

The M&S Food I've just been in has practically transformed into a craft beer shop, outstanding selection.

Hopefully they roll it out across the country!
Wouldn't that shake the bottles up?

Blanche33_800x1300-693x1024.png

Had two bottles of this last night. Belgium white beer. Very nice.

Depends who they are catering for. Frank would be happy with that shelf (and no, that's not an insult Frank).

No offence taken. And yes you are correct. I would have no complaint about that top shelf. I may not have the knowledge of others, but I know what beers I like.

Lovely label on that beer Jinky. :icon_lol:

Lovely label on that beer Jinky. :icon_lol:

Thankfully it doesn't taste like piss! :icon_lol:

If anyone likes a white beer, it was really refreshing actually.

There's a very good off license in Didcot (where I work) that does a massive variety of beers/ales/ciders from all over the world. I've got in to the habit recently of chucking about 10 x random bottles in a basket and working my way through them. Found a few gems.

Thankfully it doesn't taste like piss! :icon_lol:

If anyone likes a white beer, it was really refreshing actually.

There's a very good off license in Didcot (where I work) that does a massive variety of beers/ales/ciders from all over the world. I've got in to the habit recently of chucking about 10 x random bottles in a basket and working my way through them. Found a few gems.
Brilliant way to do it mate. You'll soon start picking out what you do and don't link in a beer. Let us know what you get mate... I'm always keen to know what folks are drinking.

Make sure you all get down here for the Bristol City game. Beer mecca here nowadays.

Make sure you all get down here for the Bristol City game. Beer mecca here nowadays.

I really fucking miss the place. Small Bar is burned into my brain forever.

Back