• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

8th April (part of a stupid month where we have seven games).

Be down in Bristol for Cheltenham week as per next year. Some very good drinking spot's that is for sure, not cheap though.

8th April (part of a stupid month where we have seven games).

Hmmmm. Bristol is a possibility then but I'll definitely be going to Leeds away and probably one of Brighton/Blackburn at home as well so could be a bit too expensive...

I had a three day case down in Brizzle. Stayed in some hotel near Smarey Reckliff*. Beer central in the evenings. I hate City though. Only one team in Brizzle.

*Big Church. You can see it from Snanz. And Spaulz.

I stayed right opposite the church, brilliant sight at night.

My local Tesco Express hae month old Oskar Blues...

Tesco's down this way is just coming a bit more up to date & is now stocking Brewdog stuff (though not much else that is different)

Have to drive 7 miles for that & the offerings in the town? where I live have a whole lot less than that

I stayed right opposite the church, brilliant sight at night.

It is a stunning building to be honest.

My dad, god rest his socks had some wunnervul books about the Brizzle accent. Krek Waiters Peak Brizzle was the main wun. They were bloody good entertainment actually.

Proper bargain at tescos:

2UBY9pl.png

Be down in Bristol for Cheltenham week as per next year. Some very good drinking spot's that is for sure, not cheap though.
I don't find it to be too bad now. There are a couple of places that are OTT but the majority are ok and reflect prices across the country from what I've seen.

Given the quality on offer some places are very reasonable if you move outside the centre.

You can do a hell of a crawl nowadays. One to make even Booz's sessions look tame!

Proper bargain at tescos:

2UBY9pl.png

One of the few things worthwhile that my nearest Tesco's does - will be going there tomorrow (well I have a significant discount voucher that needs using before it expires) so will look to pick some up.

Tonight's beers so far:

Tiny Rebel Cwtch - 4.4% Welsh Red Ale. One month out of date but just had to pick it up. Still quality.

Cloudwater DIPA v8 - 9% DIPA. This was still as good as the first bottle weeks ago, prefectly juicy banger.

Cloudwater DIPA v9 - 9% DIPA. It's hard to imagine where Cloudwater will go with each incarnation but this one is a real winner. The perfect balance of hops and juiciness, and it's as clear as a bell which is strange for a Cloudwater DIPA. Stunning.

Northern Monk Mango Lassi Heathen - 7.2% IPA. Unbelievably juicy, absolutely bursting with mango and hoppy bitterness. Get hold of one of these because it really is worth it.

Vocation Smash & Grab - 8.5% DIPA. Plenty of mango in this one too backed up with a shovel loads of hops. You can't go wrong with Vocation, they outdo themselves here though.

Brewdog and Omnipollo have a raspberry smoothie IPA coming out on Monday...

The beer shelf in the shed. Anyone who can name 18 beers & breweries wins a tenner through Paypal.

attachment.php

Yesterday arvo's beers;

Cloudwater DIPA V9 (on tap) - 9% DIPA. Stunningly good. A beautiful balance of hops, juice and bitterness. Clear as well! Where can they go from here?

Burning Sky Arise (tap) 4.4% English IPA. Straw gold in colour. Restrained bitterness followed by peach, pine and resinous hops. A brilliant session beer.

BBNo 55|02 DIPA (tap) - Mosaic & Columbus - 8% Double/Imperial IPA. Columbus provides the dank, resinous notes to offset the soft, juicy mango and passionfruit from Mosaic.

Wild Beer Schnoodlepip (tap) - 6.5% Saison/Farmhouse. Dry spicy character from pink peppercorns with 4 month wood aging in french red wine barrels to give depth and oak. Tart passionfruit character finished off by hibiscus.

Magic Rock Contortionist (tap) - 5% Sour/Berliner Weisse. A thirst quenchingly citrus sour that will have your taste buds in a knot.

Green Flash Tangerine Soul Style IPA - 6.5% American IPA. Tangerine zest carries throughout accented by bright tropical fruit flavours throughout.

BBNo 21|04 Pale Ale - Motueka - 5.2 % American Pale Ale. Motueka is a pale ale hopped in kettle, whirlpool and in tank with New Zealand hop Motueka. Its natural haze is a result of being heavily hopped and brewed with large amounts of oats.

I see that Magic Rock and Cloudwater have done 'a thing' together most recently.

First beer of the day, Ossett - Silver King in Old Vic in PNE. Absolute rubbish, terribly kept and served in a plastic glass.

Back