• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Robinson's Trooper Red and Black Porter. Very good. Went down very quickly.

Northern Monk, Northern Star Mocha Porter. Absolutely superb. Love this style, and this one is a beauty.

The White Hag - Black Boar. 10.2% Imperial Oatmeal Stout. Velvety smooth imp stout with a nice boozy black cherry/raisin vibe.

Where do you get your White Hag beers from mate?

Honest Brew have got a fair few White Hag in stock.

Partizan 9 Grain - 6.6% Porter. From last night. Fully carbonated fruity Porter that was very reminiscent of a Maccy and Vimto. Full of roasted coffee, dark chocolate and dark fruits. Lovely stuff.

That finished the session off after sandwiching a Jack Hammer and Axe Edge between it and the first two. Top quoffing.

The White Hag - Black Boar. 10.2% Imperial Oatmeal Stout. Velvety smooth imp stout with a nice boozy black cherry/raisin vibe.
Gonna be having one of them tonight. Sounds good!

Some offerings from the London trip;

Master Brew Kentish Ale from Shepherd Neame - 4% bog standard English Bitter.

Burning Sky Saison a La Provision - 6% Saison. Tart, crisp and slightly sour.

Burning Sky Aurora - 5.6% American Pale. An expansive blend of US hops gives it a resinous mouth feel, big citrus and tropical fruit flavours.

Burning Sky Plateau - 3.5% session American Pale. Big mix of US & NZ hops giving a full flavour. Zesty and a really good session ale.

Dark Star Creme Brulee - 5.6% Milk Stout. Literally dessert in a glass. Like the dessert very sweet. Not my thing, but it had to be done.

The Kernel Pale Ale Mosaic Amarillo - 5.2% American Pale. Hazy amber body with a small white head. Bitter hops, fruity, citrus, grapefruit.

Kent Brewery Pale - 4% American Pale. Brewed for Craft Pub Co. Full flavoured and aromatic pale.

Salopian Spiral - 4% Golden Ale. Tropical fruit and pine caress the palate with a twist of biscuit malt.

Salopian Oracle - 4% Golden Ale. Dry, not overly bitter and some sweetness to add body.

Mention in despatches to Visage for pointing me in the direction of the Pelt Trader.

Last edited:
d32fd9fc96436f651a7d997629729e8e.jpg

Trilogy complete.

Crate - Stout. 5.7% stout. Really disappointed with this as everything I've had from them previously has been superb. Light and easy drinking but that's about it. Far too thin, not enough carbonation and very little roasted malt character at all. 3/10 at best. Rubbish.

Howling Hops - Double Chocolate Coffee Toffee Vanilla Milk Porter. 6.3% porter. So fucking good. Full bodied, sweet and rammed full of chocolate, coffee and caramel flavours. Just stunning. Literally can't believe how good this is.

Drank mine earlier, gave it a 4.75 on Untappd. It is fucking amazing tbf.

Buxton's Guatemalan Coffee Extra Porter is just as good mate if you haven't tried that yet.

Apparently it's Candy Kaiser season. Worth bothering with?

Apparently it's Candy Kaiser season. Worth bothering with?

It's an Altbeir. Basically a sweet, dark, malty lager. I have had Candy Kaiser before but I can't remember how good it is. Altbeirs are lovely though, definitely prefer them to Kölsch (Kölsch from Köln, Altbeir from Düsseldorf. Big rivalry).

Brooklyn - East IPA. 6.9% IPA. Pretty nice. Think it's a bit outdated now though, not as hoppy as I'd like at that abv.

Finally got hold of a Jaipur, looking forward to this lot. Going to pay a cheeky visit to the Wine Seller on Friday as well, sticking up for Christmas ay it? Got six DIPAv9 on the way as well, beer heaven.

Mad Hatter - Double Penny Lane - IPA 7.4%
Mad Hatter - RedXRum - Red IPA 7.2%
Mad Hatter - Red Right Hand - Flanders Red 5.9%
Omnipollo - Zodiak - IPA 6.2%
Omnipollo - Leon - Blonde 6.5%
Wiper and True - Simcoe and Rye - Amber Ale 4.9%
Thornbridge - Cocoa Wonderland - Porter 6.8%
Thornbridge - Halcyon - IPA 7.4%
Signature Brew - Stagediver - DIPA 7.2%
Howling Hops - Double Chocolate Coffee Toffee Vanilla Milk Porter 6.3%
Buxton - Extra Porter (Guatemalan Coffee) - Porter 7.4%
Mondo - Van Dammage - IPA 7%