• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

A quick couple of pints in the Euston Tap en route to Clerkenwell

Siren Half Mast QIPA. Only 2.8% but punches well above it's weight.

Moor Brewery Hoppiness. 6.5% American IPA. All the rich malt and fruit flavours of a barley wine coupled with the hoppy crispness of a pale ale.

Northern Monk - Black Forest Strannik. 10% Imperial stout brewed with treacle, cacoa, black cherry and vanilla pods. Really nice but there's a funny cough syrup aftertaste which I'm not a fan of.

I must admit I never noticed that Lycan. I remember Kenny supping a half of Batham's whilst enjoying a Hall's cough sweet at the same time though.

I must admit I never noticed that Lycan. I remember Kenny supping a half of Batham's whilst enjoying a Hall's cough sweet at the same time though.
5 and a half thankyouverymuch....the Halls won in the end.

I thought it was the half that was Hall's infused? Or was that when I noticed?

When you noticed...mainly as I stopped drinking. Much to your disgust.

Quite rightly so. Steven still affectionatly remembers the day.

It appears that Brewdog Brum has some DIPA v8 on the board to coincide with their Ace of Equinox release.

BTW, what are people's thoughts on the Ace series?

I've only had the Simcoe which was decent.

M&S's Battersea Rye, brewed by Sambrook's.

Never had a rye beer before but it's going down well so far.

Two Beers Wonderland Trail - 7.1% IPA. Didn't expect much from this one but was completely blown away. Full of grapefruit with a really big, bitter bastard of a hop finish. Love it.

Brixton Hurricane - 7.4% DAPA. Exceeded my expectations again, but I was looking forward to this one. Juicy as fuck, thick tropical fruits with a perfect hop profile. Gives a few of the Cloudwater DIPAs a run for their money, an absolute steal at £2.69 a bottle. Glad I've got another sitting in the shed.

M&S's Battersea Rye, brewed by Sambrook's.

Never had a rye beer before but it's going down well so far.

I like ryes, plenty going on in them. Try a Beavertown 8 Ball if you're enjoying that.

Fourpure do a good rye as well, can't remember what it's called though. I'll have to look it up.

EDIT: Northern Latitude. Great brew.

Managed to pick up another couple of Brewdog brews that I hadn't had before in Tesco's today (Dorset finally realises that it is not still 1955)

5AM Saint (American Red Ale) - not my favourite, a bit sweet for me

Still have a Dead Pony Club to try

Just wish I had shops within reasonable travel of here that stock some of the others that have been recommended.

Managed to pick up another couple of Brewdog brews that I hadn't had before in Tesco's today (Dorset finally realises that it is not still 1955)

5AM Saint (American Red Ale) - not my favourite, a bit sweet for me

Still have a Dead Pony Club to try

Just wish I had shops within reasonable travel of here that stock some of the others that have been recommended.
Dead Pony Club is great, probably my favourite of the non-lethal brewdog beers.

Dead Pony Club is great, probably my favourite of the non-lethal brewdog beers.

Trying that now - better (a strong floral nose to it)

The only other one that my local Tesco's stock is Punk IPA which is my favourite of the 3

Winter spiced porter from M&S, brewed by Meantime, absolutely rank, like liquid gingerbread.

Back