• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Tonight's BeerBods offering is the Black IPA from St Peters Brewery - https://beerbods.co.uk/this-weeks-beer/st-peters-brewery-black-ipa/

Black-IPA-.jpg

Used to really like St Peters stuff when I was drinking more traditional beers. Not had anything from them in ages though, so looking forward to this. Loving Black IPAs at the moment, but I'd be amazed if this has the massive American hop profile I associate with the style. I'm guessing it'll be more in the Purity - Saddle Black and Sadlers - Peaky Blinders mold.

Always wary of a brewery that actually uses the word "Craft" or "Crafted" on the label, but I guess this is to separate it from their core range.

Might follow this up with a Beavertown - Bloody Notorious which is burning a hole on my beer shelf...

I had a bottle of that a short while ago. Nice, but it would knock an elephant off its feet...

Ales by Mail do one for £60 with a random selection of craft ales including Premium stuff. £2.30 a bottle on average.

I want to do one of these myself this year as a present . Wondered if you could buy the blank case from anywhere and fill it myself?
Can we all recommend a beer?

Nu-uh. Nelson Sauvin hops are amazing. They'll be so good in a champagne sour beer. I just know it!

It'd be a good idea. The 24 beers of advent. Maybe one to leave closer to the time to keep Langers happy.

Very cool idea. Give us a price range and the name of whichever site/list from the bottle shop you're buying from I'd be glad to recommend a bottle.

Great idea that.

Still haven't decided on my Christmas dinner beer yet.

It'd be a good idea. The 24 beers of advent. Maybe one to leave closer to the time to keep Langers happy.
Ha - ace idea. Don't mind me being scrooge - go for it.

Great idea that.

Still haven't decided on my Christmas dinner beer yet.
Keep your eye on Cloudwater. They are barrel aging loads at the moment. A white wine aged saison would be very tempting.

Wiper and True releasing a negroni inspired DIPA collaboration with Brewdog this weekend. Oh my.

Back