• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

But will we all have to buy the recommended beers? I have never heard of most of them that Machin and Boozad mention...!!

Not if I want some money left over to buy my kids some Christmas presents, no!

Keep your eye on Cloudwater. They are barrel aging loads at the moment. A white wine aged saison would be very tempting.

Good call. I'd love a red wine barrel aged Albino Squid to be fair, I love red wine but can't stand white.

Prob best if we just get a list of the best beers going nearer the time. With my cash flow situation most of mine will be coming from the 4 for £6 offer at Morrisons.

Elvis juice should be in everybody's advent calendar (and in your 4 for 6 too).

Tesco have started selling Flying Dog beers. Their Easy IPA is awesome.

I had an amazing Irish IPA last night, Rascals Wunderbar IPA. Hoppy, fruity and punchy at 6%.

Wunderbar_Render.png

Also had a bloody awful pale ale made with cinnamon and lemon added to the brew. It was such a wierd sharp flavour that I initially thought it had gone off when i first opened the bottle.

Nice. That stretch around the Outer Hebrides is pretty hardcore (three hour ferry out, five hour return...)

Northern Monk - Patron's Project 1.03 (Cerro De Jesus). Disappointing. I love coffee porters and Northern Monk are awesome so this should've been amazing. Still a nice porter but nothing special really.

Just spent a most enjoyable afternoon in the Bay Hop, Colwyn Bay had a pint (or two) of Dark Horse Porter (5%) from the Wild Horse Brewing Company, Llandudno. Well worth a visit if you're in the area.

America's Unibroue have done a collaboration with Megadeth called A Tout le Monde. Apparently it's a 4.5% saison - chances of it being available over here?

Northern Monk - Patron's Project 1.03 (Cerro De Jesus). Disappointing. I love coffee porters and Northern Monk are awesome so this should've been amazing. Still a nice porter but nothing special really.

Black Wolf - Valente's. 6% Double Espresso Stout. Much better.

That's disappointing. Got one in the shed that I was really looking forward to. Loved 1.01 so had big hopes for 1.03. Might have it tonight and see.

Just picked this up from Lidl for £2.50

8c270196746791524a5f8ac2132fbdee.jpg

Probably crap for that price, but it's a 7% traditional French golden ale so with a pop. 750ml and all.

I quite liked 1.03. A hit of orange and probably juicier than the thick hydrocarbon stuff that you guys prefer. 4.167 average rating on UnTappd.

That's disappointing. Got one in the shed that I was really looking forward to. Loved 1.01 so had big hopes for 1.03. Might have it tonight and see.

Just picked this up from Lidl for £2.50

8c270196746791524a5f8ac2132fbdee.jpg

Probably crap for that price, but it's a 7% traditional French golden ale so with a pop. 750ml and all.

I must go to Lidl more. What is the best supermarket to get different beers from?

Back