• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Currently sat in the Buxton Brewery Tap House.

Great venue.

Currently sat in the Buxton Brewery Tap House.

Great venue.

Lucky fucker. What did you have?

Currently having a pale ale from a Swedish brewery called Brekeriet which has had Brettanmyces, Rhubarb and Raspberries added during the secondary fermentation. Sounds lovely but the brett is way too overpowering unfortunately.

Had a sour saison from Top Out called Simon Says-On before that which had added raspberries, blackberries, blackcurrants and cherries. It was alright, tasted more like Vimto than a saison though.

Fresh DIPA every month from the CLoudwater team - http://cloudwaterbrew.co/blog/dipa-evolution

I think it's a great idea, and will hopefully stop the desperation and ruch to get the latest version, as you know if you miss out on v9, you can just grab v10. Or, to put it another way, whichever one is available to buy at any given moment will be as fresh as fuck!

The downside is that distribution will be far more limited and difficult. They'll want to be selling more direct from the brewery and I think there'll be fuck all chance of The Wine Seller getting new DIPA every month.

Prominent and active CAMRA member in 'entranched in archaic 80s mindset' shocker - http://buckinghamshirebeer.co.uk/2016/10/08/fight-real-ale-milton-keynes-camra/

If this is representative of the groups thinking, then I think CAMRA's time is done.
Couldn't agree more. For an organisation who campaigned for change it seems bizarre that they're so opposed to it now.

I got my first CAMRA membership on my 18th birthday. I very nearly cancelled it this year - the monthly magazine is dull, the GBBG is outdated, too many of the 'elite' are stuck in their ways and TBH I don't often go to beer festivals any more as they're just too busy to be enjoyable.

So I only really benefit from pubs who do a discount for members!

This thread keeps me far more informed and up to date than CAMRA does.

I joined CAMRA in the early/mid 70s when it had a clear function. I left years ago. They have lost their way IMO and some of their 'tactics' at local level are appaling.

I joined CAMRA in the early/mid 70s when it had a clear function. I left years ago. They have lost their way IMO and some of their 'tactics' at local level are appaling.
That first sentence sums it up for me - I don't know what they're actively campaigning for now. Because what they say they do and what they actually do are two very different things.

The trouble is they (CAMRA) don't know what they're officially campaigning for at the moment, hence the Revitalisation Project. It's a pretty thin veil though and the steadfast, curmudgeonly old cask stalwarts won't let a silly thing like that get in the way of their outdated conceits about 'Real Ale'.

Partizan - Stout. A lovely roasty toasty 8.3% Imperial stout with plenty of liquorice and coffee in the aroma and tastes of raisin, fig, burnt toast, coffee and bitter dark chocolate. A little on the thin side but the ABV hits a sweet spot for me and it was only £3.30 on BeerMerchants! Could end up being a 'staple' for me, I could drink this all day.

I remember being very impressed with their porter. Quality brewery.

Lervig Aktiebryggeri - Konrad's Stout. A 10.4% Imperial Oatmeal Stout. A completely different beast to the Partizan. This one has a much fuller body, is way less bitter, hides the alcohol much less and is more fruity than roasty. A big boozy hit of rum & raisin on the nose and lots of dark fruits, vanilla and chocolate to taste. Much more of a 'thinker' than the Partizan which slipped down but I think I prefer this one, way more complex and still only £3.65 for 330ml on BeerMerchants. Doubt you'll get two better Imp Stouts for that value anywhere else, especially seeing as Lervig brew most of Mikkeller's big dark beers instead of De Proefbrouwerij which he'll sell for £10-15. This is just as good as anything Mikkel brews IMO.

79b36bb58d7b8e62b4513b9c9d360ab2.jpg

Once opened the Saison gives an initial promise, but goes flat very quickly. A very strong after taste of sour grapes. Any criticism could be heavy on the nose. ABH 100%.

79b36bb58d7b8e62b4513b9c9d360ab2.jpg

Once opened the Saison gives an initial promise, but goes flat very quickly. A very strong after taste of sour grapes. Any criticism could be heavy on the nose. ABH 100%.

Dunno about the beer, but I'm wearing very similar trainers.

Beavertown x Boneyard - Bloody Notorious. 9.1% Blood Orange DIPA. Amazing beer.

Beavertown x Boneyard - Bloody Notorious. 9.1% Blood Orange DIPA. Amazing beer.

Oh yeah it's a beauty, so fucking quoffable.

Back to Brewdog for this week's order with a cheeky Stone thrown in that I've been wanting for a while:

Born To Die 04.11.2016 x2
Elvis Juice Cans x3
Jack Hammer x3
Black Hammer Cans x3
Neon Overlord
Chili Hammer
Stone Berlin - Ruination 2.0

Back