• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Whitstable Bay Organic - disappointing. A bit bland

Prefer the 'River Cottage EPA' - similar strength, but much more flavour

Tiny Rebel - Clwb Tropicana. I haven't really gotten on the Tiny Rebel bandwagon yet, but holy fucking shit. This is an insane beer. I've had mango/apricot beers that tasted less of mango and apricot than this. 10/10.

Dogfish Head's Burton Baton.

Absolutely my favorite staple beer. 10% ABV, a blend of smooth English old ale and walloping imperial APA, aged in oak. Every decision in the brewing process comes off splendidly; the vanilla and the hops compliment each other extraordinarily well.

If it's available in the UK and you haven't yet tried it, you absolutely must.

Tiny Rebel - Clwb Tropicana. I haven't really gotten on the Tiny Rebel bandwagon yet, but holy fucking shit. This is an insane beer. I've had mango/apricot beers that tasted less of mango and apricot than this. 10/10.

Bonus, I've got one of those in the fridge for later.

Cloudwater DIPAv8 - Absolutely stunning stuff, back to DIPAv3 in terms of style. Thick, boozy and juicy. Tons of tropical fruits literally explode in your mouth then subside into a perfect hoppy bitterness with a satisfying resinous finish. Cloudwater at their very, very best.

I've just finished reading an indepth survey of people who now walk home from pubs, clubs and bars. The conclusions were staggering.

A chap in the pub up here was saying how good Tiny Rebel is. Never tried it myself, hopefully I will soon.

A chap in the pub up here was saying how good Tiny Rebel is. Never tried it myself, hopefully I will soon.

It's an absolutely fantastic brewery. Every beer of theirs I've had has been beautiful, with a decent variety of flavours too. If you get the chance to try one, don't pass it up!

Mondo Raspberry Flashback - 3.5% Berliner Weisse. Thought I'd give this style another crack but still can't find myself agreeing with the initial cheesy bile aroma, it's so strong when you first open the bottle. Full on raspberry/lemony sourness with a big biscuity background. The bile mellows as you work through the glass and it ends up a very decent sour. I bought two of these on accident (meant to order a Mango Flashback as well) and I'm actually looking forward to the next one when I get round to it.

Tiny Rebel Clwb Tropicana - 5.5% IPA. Absolutely bursting with mango, passion fruit and tangerines. Slight hints of pine and a subtle bitterness to finish. Juicy as fuck and completely, utterly drinkable. Stunning.

7c762c3daed4bd7a4e0355947200665d.jpg

Anyone fancy finishing the last half of this from Siren Craft? 9% and not particularly pleasant. Maybe one for banana beer aficionados.
Just had this and thought it was pretty damn good. Solid Imperial Stout with a lovely coffee flavour and some, if not a little conflicting, banana sweetness. My only complaint is that it was a touch too light bodied and fizzy for the style.

Not sure what else you were expecting from a beer that declares itself as a 9.2℅ stout made with caramelised bananas, banana puree and bourbon barrel aged coffee beans [emoji12]

Just had this and thought it was pretty damn good. Solid Imperial Stout with a lovely coffee flavour and some, if not a little conflicting, banana sweetness. My only complaint is that it was a touch too light bodied and fizzy for the style.

Not sure what else you were expecting from a beer that declares itself as a 9.2℅ stout made with caramelised bananas, banana puree and bourbon barrel aged coffee beans [emoji12]

Lol. fair comment. But reading that description again makes me think it's a beer I really should have liked as I like all of those flavours and don't generally mind strong beers. However i found the fizziness offputting and it had quite an acidic aftertaste. I was expecting Morgan Freeman narrating Shawshank Redemption and I got Joe Pesci asking me why I think he's funny.

Of the other beers I got from the new beer shop

Dark Star Espresso stout - a bit more like was expecting the above beer to taste. Smooth, nice roasty coffee flavour and aroma.
Yeastie Boys Digital IPA - really good
Wild Beer - Modus Operandi - fucking hell! What's going on here? Might be that I've not tried this style of beer before but a hell of a lot going on. Not sure I could take more than one bottle but really nice.

And took the dog for a walk to the pub on Saturday and had a pint of Scary Man by Long Man Brewery. Very dark, very malty. OK but not fall-off-your-chair spectacular.

Modus Operandi is bonkers. I agree with you though, I couldn't have more than one.

Most of Wild Beer's stuff is mental. Got a can of Pogo waiting for this weekend, love that stuff.

I was expecting Morgan Freeman narrating Shawshank Redemption and I got Joe Pesci asking me why I think he's funny.

That's the best beer description on here. You can keep your flavour notes with your hint of marshmallow followed by the steam of a recently split open cumquat.

I see that Tilt have Omnipollo/Dugges takeover on the 29th . Jolemai you're in Brum then IIRC.

Last edited:
I see that Tilt have Omnipollo/Dugges takeover on the 29th . Jolemai you're in Brum then IIRC.

Their first birthday celebration, going to try and get over myself if I can.

Back