• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Brussels Beer Project - Grosse Bertha. Described on the label as a 7% Belgian Hefeweizen. Apparently a cross between a Hefe and a Trippel. It's lighter than a classic Hefe with banana, clove and citrus up front, low bitterness and a smooth honey sweetness layered all the way through. Ridiculously smooth for 7%, mine has flown down.

Clown Shoes - Clementine. 6% Belgian Wit brewed with added clementine extract on top of the usual orange peel + coriander. Seriously fruity. Love it.

beer_416685.jpg

Final wheat beer of the night, A collaboration between two outstanding breweries. Beavertown x Heretic - Peacher Man. A 6.2% 'Peach Cobbler' Wit brewed with vanilla pods, lemon zest & peach juice. Fucking insane beer.

Cracker. Supposed to be their take on Orval.

The Mondo beers look ace as well.

Yeah I love Witness, brettanomyces are class. Gorgeous beer.

I'm looking forward to the Mondo brews, the Dennis Hopp'r I had at Tilt the weekend was lush. I did have the Van Dammage as well but fucked if I can remember it.

beer_416685.jpg

Final wheat beer of the night, A collaboration between two outstanding breweries. Beavertown x Heretic - Peacher Man. A 6.2% 'Peach Cobbler' Wit brewed with vanilla pods, lemon zest & peach juice. Fucking insane beer.

Been after some of that but haven't picked any up yet.

Good chance I'll be headed to Brewdog Brum on the 29th, but I don't want to be there all night. Having not been to brum in yonks, remind me what craft places are nearby please? Tilt is between there and Moor Street, right?

... and before anyone mentions, I don't think the group want to go to The Wellington or the POV.

Purecraft Bar by the floozy in the jacuzzi.

30 Waterloo St, Birmingham

There's Clink, which is a tiny little tap room in the Custard Factory out in Digbeth.

Near to Brewdog is The Victoria, which can be decent. And Cherry Reds which seems to serve good beer (although I've not been there before)

The Craven Arms is a Black Country Ales pub with a big craft offering. There's also a new brewery just opened near the Jewellery Quarter call Burning Soul. They have a tap room that's open on a Saturday until 8pm.

Oh, and I seem to remember The Wellington saying they were going to be putting some keg lines in some time soonish?

Back