• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Guys, what are your recommendations for storing ales?

Aldi over here have got some amazing craft beers in at the moment, I've bought in 2 different APA's, a whole bunch of IPA's, a wheat beer, a ruby red ale and a few stouts.

I usually leave the ales out f the fridge as they seem to pour very flat when chilled, but just wanted some advice from you guys in the know.

Stouts, sours and Belgian strong ales will keep for years and depending on the beer develop new complex flavours the longer you store them.

Everything else should be drunk asap, especially the IPA's. The beer starts to lose it's hoppiness the moment it's bottled. Not sure on the wheat beer, probably best to drink that fast as they're usually low abv so won't keep as well.

I keep mine in the shed outside. Perfect temps at this time of the year ~12oC, but when it drops close to 0 I bring them inside and chill them in the fridge appropriately before drinking.

Stouts, sours and Belgian strong ales will keep for years and depending on the beer develop new complex flavours the longer you store them.

Everything else should be drunk asap, especially the IPA's. The beer starts to lose it's hoppiness the moment it's bottled. Not sure on the wheat beer, probably best to drink that fast as they're usually low abv so won't keep as well.

Oh, and this.

Gypsy Hill - Hepcat. 4.6% Session IPA. Absolutely awesome beer, one of my favourites in this style. Massive whack of bitter orange, mango and papaya with a lasting bitterness. Juice bomb.

4 pints of Punk IPA to drown out that utter guff on the TV. Excellent stuff on tap.

Four bottles of DIPAv8 landed today. Beautiful. Another big order going in tonight, just got to make my mind up where to order from.

Four bottles of DIPAv8 landed today. Beautiful. Another big order going in tonight, just got to make my mind up where to order from.

The Wine Seller! He's got loads in at the mo...

Could have made it over the weekend but Honest Brew won the day, some cracking beers on there at the moment. Might do the Wine Seller next week. Just ordered:

CRATE - Lemon Gose - Gose 4.4%
Northern Monk - Dark Arches - Black IPA 6.7%
Aegir - IPA 6.5%
CRATE - West Coast IPA 5.1%
Mondo - Raspberry Flashback - Berliner Weisse 3.5%
Mondo - Van Dammage - IPA 7%
Tiny Rebel - Clwb Tropicana - IPA 5.5%
Fourpure - Juicebox - IPA 5.9%
Wild Beer Co - POGO - APA 4%
Northern Monk - Northern Star - Mocha Porter 5.9%
Northern Monk - New World IPA 6.2%
Wild Beer Co - Witness - Bretted Pale Ale 5.8%