• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Is that the 2016 release Alan?

Is that the 2016 release Alan?

Last year's, 2015. Has aged marvelously, you'd never guess how much alcohol you were drinking if you didn't already know.

I'd heard they'd had problems with the 2015 batch. Some odd bacteria infections in some of the barrels. Sounds like you got a good'un though. Would love to get my hands on some.

I'd heard they'd had problems with the 2015 batch. Some odd bacteria infections in some of the barrels. Sounds like you got a good'un though. Would love to get my hands on some.

I've got a second bottle if you'd like it.

Yeah, the bacteria issue in the 2015 batch was supposedly only with the Coffee BCBS. As I just got the standard I think I missed that bullet completely.

Yeah, send it over mate! I'll send a Bathams your way 😉

No joking, I'd gladly ship it over. It's hard enough to find a bottle over here, can't imagine what it would normally take to get one on your end. Give it a think and let me know if you're comfortable with that.

Alan, that's ridiculous mate!

Ridiculously cool of me? I agree. :icon_wink:

Sampled Elusive's offerings at their Tap takeover at NMBCo yesterday

Level Up 1 (Citra & Simcoe) American Red
Level Up 2 (Rakau & Enigma). Just shaded Level 1 for me.
Coswort #MilkStoutMayhem. Not bad and didn't have consistency of a liquid drained from a Cosworth sump.
Shadow of the Beast. A good Black IPA.
Plan-B Belgian Pale Ale. Excellent
Thai Yum Wit. A Witbier collab with The Cheshire Brewhouse. Very good.
All washed down with a brilliant Name & No 01 from de Molen.

1449200dd9bcf80c2878ca70142c5cde.jpg

Ridiculously good.

957bfc9f8be9d496e7c6b5e0ced9d8b0.jpg

God bless The Wine Seller...

Lost Industry - Nettle Gose. Herbal, sour with a touch of saltiness. Decent but not spectacular.

73f5a91c89cf9ac60e359be1c8a98ab4.jpg

Coffee doesn't really come through as much as I was expecting considering it's made in conjuction with a coffee producer, fairly bitter on the finish but it's pleasant enough.

On to a Buxton Rednik Stout.
10 months out of date, so only cost £1. No such thing as out of date for a stout though really. Roasty bitterness with hints of coffee and some dark fruit. A bit lively out the bottle though!
c5843d627450f8a010b2bc428d0573cc.jpg

Northern Monk - Mango Lassi Heathen IPA
Juicy, smooth, soft and absolutely jammed full of hops and fruit flavours. Not the slightest hint of the 7.2%
Stunning beer.

That sounds ace. Northern Monk seems relatively hard to come by down here though unfortunately.

Been on the Bristol Beer Factory supplies this evening. Consistently very good, if not exceptional.

I've got a can of that, as I also made a trip to the wine seller this afternoon spent £30+ on 10 different beers hopefully some good ones in there.

Back