• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

It pisses all over Bosko which is a decent drop in itself.

Just cracked a Weird Beard Something Something Barrel Aged... I'll give my impressions on that shortly, it's a fucking big beer. Dark Side was quality but this kills it.

Something Something Barrel Aged - Oh man. Dark chocolate, blackcurrants and a slight hint of burnt toast. This is a massive beer, absolutely immaculate. You can get the ABV with it but not in a bad way.

Need to ask how the taste of burnt toast would make anything nice?

Unless you are Man Utd's Rojo and you love burnt toast of course

marcos-rojo-accidentally-reveals-to-the-world-a-plate-of-burnt-toast_1.jpg

Need to ask how the taste of burnt toast would make anything nice?

Unless you are Man Utd's Rojo and you love burnt toast of course

marcos-rojo-accidentally-reveals-to-the-world-a-plate-of-burnt-toast_1.jpg

Or me who's so spastified I can't control a toaster.

In a stout that's an awesome flavour to pick out.

Ha! I was actually tempted by the Mongozo beers! No good then?

Ha! I was actually tempted by the Mongozo beers! No good then?

TBH I've not tried them but they come served in this ludicrous half coconut shell type thing, most Belgians look down their nose at them as a tourist type thing.

We've got a Belgian bar down here which serves them, my girlfriend likes them but her taste in beer is pretty questionable. I had the Gulden Draak the other day which was fantastic but as Tuco says there's loads of great options there! Delirium is really nice in particular.

Tomos Watkins bottled amber ale. Had a good malty flavour but that was it. No hop to balance it which is a shame as it had a good head and body.

Espiga Blonde. Good smooth citrus. I was disappointed with the Moritz Epidor. A fairly unassuming Bock.

Magic Rock - Inhaler

Disappointed. No redeeming features at all.

Magic Rock - Inhaler

Disappointed. No redeeming features at all.

Really? I thought it was ace. Might be a bit old now though as I think it was a one off brew a little while ago.

Back