• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Wylam2.jpg

Nice place to wind down in the sun after a 2-0 away win...

Looks like a fantastic place to go (especially in the good mood you would have been in by then)

Newcastle needs to be moved nearer - serious commitment for me to get up there for a match

I think you'll find 'twas me who first touted the virtues of Jakehead :icon_wink: #ItoldYOUso #doublesmug

Had some lovely beers yesterday evening. Was a mate's muslim wedding (ergo no alcohol) in Birmingham, so had a little session in Clink Beer beforehand.

Sacre Brew - Creme de Stout. A robust dry stout with a touch of mint, which kept it pretty light and easy drinking.
Siren - Orange Boom. A juicy refreshing orange sour beer. One of the best sours I've had. Not too puckering, but zingy and packed with flavour.
Kees - Grapefruit IPA. Completely different to High Wire Grapefruit, in that it was not a grapefruit juice flavour that was coming through - more of a bitter grapefruit zest. Pretty balanced, no massive hop-bomb but the grapefruit gave it a nice edge.
Beavertown - Lupuloid IPA. Their newly launched core range IPA. Awesome. Juicy hops with that signature Beavertown nettle-like zingy edge. Like an amped up Gamma.
Omnipollo - Nebuchadnezzer. Imperial IPA. Sticky orange marmalade and a late bitterness. Big drink.

Swung by Tilt on the way back to the station for a couple too.

Northern Monk - Strannick. Imperial Stout. Pretty damn nice. Coffee and dark fruit with a good full body.
Fourpure - DeuceBox. The suped-up version of JuiceBox. Very resinous, citrus with some big caramel coming from malts. Awesome beer, but not as good as the Juice Box.

Also picked up a take-out can of Evil Twin - Wet Dream. Disgusting name, but an amazing sounding beer. Imperial brown ale with coffee. Very much looking forward to that bastard!

Finally got around to trying Northern Monk's Communion Pale Ale. Quite a tasty and enjoyable beer, would recommend.

At the same time, a friend of mine was drinking Badgers - First Call and he preferred that as it wasn't as hoppy as the Communion (he's not a huge fan of hops). Each to their own I guess.

To Ol - Mr Pink. A Lychee & Guava Berliner Weisse. Just outstanding.

I was in Germany yesterday and stopped at a service station, unfortunately not able to take any beer home but my word the selection was incredible. Loads of choice from Sours, dark beers, wheat beers and even IPA's. Doesn't exactly discourage drink driving!

Had a fantastic Chinook Hop American pale ale from Lancaster Brewery. I hadn't heard of them previously - anyone know anything about them?

Been over in Canada for the last 10 days, and enjoyed a lot of Rutting Elk, a ruby ale from the Grizzly Paw Brewery - bloody gorgeous - going to miss it!

Been over in Canada for the last 10 days, and enjoyed a lot of Rutting Elk, a ruby ale from the Grizzly Paw Brewery - bloody gorgeous - going to miss it!
You still there? If you're in the Eastern part, try to find some Heady Topper. Properly mythical, they don't officially ship it anywhere outside of Maine but rumor has it that they pass some "under the table".

Had a fantastic Chinook Hop American pale ale from Lancaster Brewery. I hadn't heard of them previously - anyone know anything about them?
They've been on the go for a few years (7 or 8) now. I've had their Blonde which was ok.

Axe Edge. Still one of my favourite beers. Just stunning.

Beavertown - Lupuloid. Completely opposite end of the IPA spectrum to Axe Edge. So drinkable. Think I prefer the Buxton though.

You still there? If you're in the Eastern part, try to find some Heady Topper. Properly mythical, they don't officially ship it anywhere outside of Maine but rumor has it that they pass some "under the table".

Back now - and was out West - just checked, and they have no plans to get it distributed in the UK - :argh:

Schneider Weisse - Tap 5 (Mein Hopfenweisse). Collaboration with Garrett Oliver from Brooklyn Brewery. 8.2% hopped to fuck Weizenbock, the perfect mix between two of my favourite styles, DIPA & Hefeweizen, one of the best beers in the world IMO.

Brewdog have just launched their AB:21 - it's a 12% liquorice and black current stout...

Going to give that one a miss I think.

Brewdog have just launched their AB:21 - it's a 12% liquorice and black current stout...

Tried that yesterday. It's actually really nice (If you like black liquorice).

Just drinking a Wild Beer - Evolver IPA, a 5.8% bretted IPA. I love Brettanomyces but it can be too overpowering, this beer is just right.

Mikkeller - Hallo Ich Bin Berliner Weisse. 3.7% Cherry Berliner Weisse. So drinkable.

Went into Tesco's today and picked up The President DIPA from Brewdog. Boozy at 9.2% but really drinkable and therefore bloody dangerous.

Back