• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Moor Illusion. Awesome session strength black IPA. Loving this style at the moment and this one is a beauty.

I love black IPAs. Crate and Black Hammer are probably my favourites.

Never got to try the Black Hammer but The Wine Seller has got some Crate in so I will be grabbing some of their BIPA soon enough. Best one I've had was from an Italian brewery Birrifica Della Granda - Black Hop Sun. Fucking awesome.

Weird Beard - 5 O'Clock Shadow. Gorgeous big and bold 7% IPA, full of malt and toffee.

I've just cracked a Weird Beard too mate! Curse of the Ryeclops. 7.5% rye IPA. Juicy pineapple and orange with a touch of spice in the body. Weird Beard are aces.

That just sounds odd, Keller and Pils are two completely different beers. It's like calling a beer lager mild.

Um, no. A keller is an unfiltered lager. Pilsner is a Czech style lager.

But keller is a sweeter, dark, malty lager and nothing like a Pilsener.

But keller is a sweeter, dark, malty lager and nothing like a Pilsener.

Nope. It's just a lager (any kind of lager, dark, light, whatever) that hasn't been pasteurised and clarified. It can be anything you want it to be as long as you use a lager yeast and don't filter it.

Nope. It's just a lager (any kind of lager, dark, light, whatever) that hasn't been pasteurised and clarified. It can be anything you want it to be as long as you use a lager yeast and don't filter it.

Strictly you are correct, but of the hundreds of keller biers I've had all of them pretty much fit the description I gave. I'm talking about German beers that have been brewed in the same way for hundreds of years. I haven't had any that have been brewed by UK craft brewers. Anyway a keller pils doesn't seem like the type of beer I'd be keen to try any time soon, but I'm willing to be proved wrong.

Camden IHL - 6.2% Lager. Easily the best lager I've ever tried, called an IPL on the bottle and I can see why. Full of hops with a big bitter body and a really full mouthfeel to it. Give me lager like this any day of the week.

Tiny Rebel FrambUZI - 4.3% Raspberry Sour Framboise. OK, I now can say I like sours. This one is gorgeous, pure raspberry sour hit with a slight nettle hint. Love it.

I utterly love IHL.

And me now. Thought I'd drink that first to get the lager out of the way (it was a freebie from Honest Brew) and it really surprised me.

I shall only be trying one of these tonight....

14370083_10154560743724443_5579559212692009844_n.jpg

I think I'd rather have the one for dogs...

Me and Stan Hullis went to the Wylam brewery after the game yesterday, well worth a visit if you're in Newcastle. Great place to sit outside in the sun with a few Jakeheads.

Wylam2.jpg

Nice place to wind down in the sun after a 2-0 away win...

I planned on going there, but got stuck in and around the city centre.

Head of Steam had some great beers in. Went back there after the game

Yeastie Boys Digital IPA - Great brew, forward with the hops backed with tropical fruits and tea.

Magic Rock Rapture - Luscious stuff. Malts and rye with hops and pine.

Magic Rock Common Grounds - Oh man, this stuff's pure sex. Roasted coffee and burnt toast with blackcurrant notes. Stunning.

Back