• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Yep. Surprised as I'd heard good things and love Magic Rock normally. Certainly can't taste any 'juicyness'. All I'm getting is the carbonation and then a bitter finish.

Just checked my UnTappd check-in for it and I'd said it was a juicy one. Must have faded.

Yeh, no biggie. Certainly not unpleasant in any case.

Oakham Inferno - Golden ale with plenty of hops balanced with a good biscuity like flavour. To coin Machin's phrase, it's very 'juicy'.

Thornbridge have started doing free UK delivery from their webshop. It's usually the delivery charges that put me off buying beer online as it's often knocking on £6.
You can get 12 bottles of brewery fresh Jaipur delivered to your door for less than £2 a bottle....
http://thornbridgebrewery.co.uk/shop.php

Girlfriend's dad has brewed an awesome American Pale Ale. Seriously good stuff.

Thornbridge have started doing free UK delivery from their webshop. It's usually the delivery charges that put me off buying beer online as it's often knocking on £6.
You can get 12 bottles of brewery fresh Jaipur delivered to your door for less than £2 a bottle....
http://thornbridgebrewery.co.uk/shop.php

Have they changed the bottle size as I could have sworn I've bought it in 500ml bottles previously. Anybody had any of the others on offer as I might get a pick n mix case too?

Last night's beers:

White Hag Bran & Sceolan - Thick and boozy pale ale with a big tangerine and toffee body and perfect bitter finish. Well impressed with this one.

Time & Tide Calista - Cracking juicy brew packed with tropical fruits balanced with a bitter hop finish. Another impressive one.

Wild Beer Pogo - Absolutely loaded with passion fruit and oranges with just a hint of hop bitterness. Loved this one.

Beavertown Bloody Notorious - I'd been looking forward to trying this for ages and wasn't let down. Not quite up to the standards of Cloudwater DIPA or Brewdog's Born to Die but still a great brew. Very thick and boozy and eye-wateringly bitter/sweet, the blood oranges really bring out the ABV. Stunning stuff.

Have they changed the bottle size as I could have sworn I've bought it in 500ml bottles previously. Anybody had any of the others on offer as I might get a pick n mix case too?

Yeah, they've got a new bottling line and have started doing their stronger beers in 330ml. Much better size, IMO. I actually get put off by 500ml bottles these days!

I've had their Kipling and Eldon, which are both lovely. I want to try their AM:pM, but I'm bothered by either of the lagers.

I love Arbor's pint bottles. They work out really well considering they're usually in the £3-£3.50 range and their beer is top class. One of my favourite breweries at the moment.

Wild Beer Bibble - Nice light yet punchy pale ale with hints of grapefruit and peach. Nice bitter snappy finish.

Had a pint of draught Bass earlier this evening. Not the best I have had, but not too bad at all.

High Wire, Gamma Ray and Black Betty, all first class brews. On a Common Grounds now and it's just as good.

fecfa3d3591bc2fbf5b7df978462bda7.jpg

Back