• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

giphy.gif

Had a meantime Yakima - meh. Fairly tasteless American Red.

Good write-up on Magic Rock - http://goodbeerhunting.com/blog/201...any-bringing-the-west-coast-to-west-yorkshire

It's written for an American audience, which is why some of it reads a bit strangely.

Thought this was an interesting point though:

Recently, Burhouse made the crucial decision to raise his pricing structure slightly, from wholesale right through to the price per pint in the brewery’s own taproom. A vocal minority made it pretty clear that they weren’t happy about this. “You’ve got a situation where people refuse to pay more than £3 for a pint of Ringmaster locally but down in London they’d consider that incredibly good value,” he says. “But the same person will happily go to a restaurant and pay £4.50 for a pint of Peroni. I don’t understand how that mentality has evolved.”

“Our price rises have had practical reasons behind them,” Burhouse continues. “They allow us to make the business what we think it should be. I don’t think the market should be responsible for keeping you in a position where you are unable to pay your staff well, or invest in new processes and equipment.”

Interesting article. I look at the canned beer prices and £3+ for a 330ml can is pretty high when you think about it and that's more than £5 a pint not served in a pub or restaurant, even if that particular drink isn't to your taste. I do think the craft beer ale price is too high in general for the drink you get. But then this has been done to death.

Where were those prices Johnny? Magic Rock cans tend to go for about £2.50 in most off-licenses.

Where were those prices Johnny? Magic Rock cans tend to go for about £2.50 in most off-licenses.

I must try to get them elsewhere then as Beer Merchants and Beer Hawk both have Cannon ball at £3. It's such a lot to pay for a small canned beer, especially when you look at Brewdog who are currently selling Punk or DPC at 4 for £6, essentially half price.

Cannonball is a notch up from Punk & DPC though. More in-line with Jack Hammer. But yeah, Brewdog prices come from being in bed with a lot of supermarkets. It's tough for any independant brewer to compete without selling out.

I can get Cannonball for £2.75 at the Wine Seller, or 3 for £6 :D

£2.30 direct from the brewery is a great price, as it'll be fresh as a daisy. - http://www.magicrockbrewing.com/product/cannonball/

They're good prices direct from the brewery. Not sure from a business point of view it's great to undercut your customers as they may take umbridge to that practice. Great from our side of the fence though.

It's pretty common I think. It's a valuable revenue stream for a lot of breweries as they get to cut out greedy middle men :D

I've just paid £15.30 for a pint in Manchester.

(Well £5.10 for a third but y'know the anti beer snobs only work in price per pint 😊)

I've just paid £15.30 for a pint in Manchester.

(Well £5.10 for a third but y'know the anti beer snobs only work in price per pint )

£5.10 a pint is fucking stupid too FWIW......

Depends what it's a pint of :rolleyes:

Back