• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Cracking looking list there Boozad!

The Common Grounds is awesome mate.

New to this thread so be gentle.

Just had a bottle of Decadence (10%) brewed locally by Purple Moose Brewery in Conwy, which is aged 3 months in Islay Whisky casks, most enjoyable!

Had a pint of Sadlers peaky blinder. Never had it before. A bit dark for me but surprisingly very nice.

New to this thread so be gentle.

Just had a bottle of Decadence (10%) brewed locally by Purple Moose Brewery in Conwy, which is aged 3 months in Islay Whisky casks, most enjoyable!

Sounds like my kind of beer! My old man lives in Llandudno, so I might see if he can pick me a bottle up at some point.

Purple Moose - Dark Side of the Moose is a decent brew too.

I travel with him on the train every home game, new micro-brewery pub opened in Colwyn Bay, tried to drag him in yesterday but he resisted!:icon_confused:

Really! Brilliant :D

I've emailed him a list of all the bottle beers the pub in Colwyn Bay sells, thought you may be interested. They change the cask beers on a weekly basis, it's well worth trying next time you visit.

Nice one! I'll quiz him when i next see him.
I noticed a new micro-pub opened up in Colwyn Bay recently - The Bay Hop. Have you been there?

Nice one! I'll quiz him when i next see him.
I noticed a new micro-pub opened up in Colwyn Bay recently - The Bay Hop. Have you been there?

Yep that where the list's from, excellent pub. Generally when I visit, early afternoon, I'm the only one there so get to sample many of the beers. Had a great IPA on last week, apologies the name escapes me, had a bottle of La trappe blonde, which was good as was an American wheat bear.

Has anyone got any pub recommendations for a day trip to Burton? Planning a jolly over there next month. Bear?

Burton Bridge Brewery
The Dog
Coopers Tavern

All do real ale and have had CAMRA awards I think. You also try the Devonshire which is just along from the Coopers. A Burton Bridge pub I think so will probably have similar beers to that.

It's certainly changed since I used to go in there regularly in my youth that's for sure. I remember walking out of there with a huge Marstons wall mirror when they were changing ownership once!

Back