• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Seems to be a Black Country Ales pub with an awesome craft keg offering - Lych Gate, please take note!!!

Had a pint of Sadlers peaky blinder. Never had it before. A bit dark for me but surprisingly very nice.
You had any other Sadlers beers? They really do cater for all tastes. I love Thin Ice, Mellow Yellow and Worcester Sorcerer. And Hop Bomb is good.

Excellent brewery very close to my neck of the woods.

Boris Citrov and Mud City Stout are both awesome beers.

Yep. Both lovely.

Just been to the New Inn in Wordsley with my folks. Bathams pub. Loud with drunks (funny, not offensive) but it's a bloody gorgeous drop of Bathams in there.

Burton Bridge Brewery
The Dog
Coopers Tavern

All do real ale and have had CAMRA awards I think. You also try the Devonshire which is just along from the Coopers. A Burton Bridge pub I think so will probably have similar beers to that.

Have you tried the Last Heretic? Micro pub which sprang up near to the station. Keep walking past when we visit the in laws but but haven't been in yet.

No I didn't even know it existed, and I walked past the station the other week!

Just found out a good mate of mine is the co-owner of Tilt in Brum. Must get over there now, haven't seen him for years.

Just found out a good mate of mine is the co-owner of Tilt in Brum. Must get over there now, haven't seen him for years.

Just don't invite Langers....

Yes I remember him not being too fond of the place.

Have you tried the Last Heretic? Micro pub which sprang up near to the station. Keep walking past when we visit the in laws but but haven't been in yet.

That cropped up on my search last night. Looks really cool.

Yes I remember him not being too fond of the place.

I'll be going for the first time on Sunday. They have some awesome beer on tap from the looks of their twitter feed etc.

I'll be going for the first time on Sunday. They have some awesome beer on tap from the looks of their twitter feed etc.

Ugh.

I did notice Tiny Rebel were doing something there soon, but TBH I still wouldn't go back there. Awful place.

What's awful about it? I'll give him some constructive criticism.

What's awful about it? I'll give him some constructive criticism.

It struck me as incredibly pretentious, minimalist and not welcoming. I sat with a 1/3 of a pint of overpriced beer (I know this is a very tired argument but in my opinion, a very valid one) on an uncomfortable chair with what resembled a school desk in front of me.

TBH it's just the total opposite of what I look for when going for a quiet pint.

Machin may well love it but it's not for me.

So it's not actually awful just not to your taste? I've no problem passing on genuine gripes but taste is taste so there's no real point really.

So it's not actually awful just not to your taste? I've no problem passing on genuine gripes but taste is taste so there's no real point really.

Absolutely - if you like that kind of venue you may think it's a gem of a place, but it's everything I don't like about trendy craft ale bars all in one room. Here's my original post - http://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/showthread.php?14918-Beer&p=842653&highlight=tilt#post842653

It may well be the exact thing your mate was looking to achieve with the place for all I know but it's not my scene at all!

I daresay I'll hate the place myself, minimalistic really isn't my thing. But do I take a minimalistic bar with great beer or a more homely bar with worse/shit beer? I've yet to find the perfect pub (except maybe for a few in Bristol).

It's totally out of your way, but I keep going on about Scary Canary on Stourbridge High Street. You'd absolutely love that.

Perfect pub? The Swan in Chaddersley Corbett is pretty fucking special. Bathams pub with a beautiful beer garden and token comedy drunks to laugh at. £2.65 a pint as well. And good pork scratchings.

Yeah they're a bit far for me really if I fancy a 'quick pint'!

Back