• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Meal with the "Kids" (18 and 19)

Lad just starting out on his drinking adventure. His review of the drinks he selected

Punk IPA - Lovely drink
13 Guns IPA - Vile crap (luckily didn't pay for that as it came with the meals)
Dead Pony Club - Nice but prefer the Punk

A budding Machin he isnt..

Previous trips out have seen Corona get a thumbs up & Amstel rejected as awful stuff.
Ahem.

Let's be honest, 15 minutes (most of which are spent queuing) is no time to be savouring a proper drink. There'd be no value in introducing craft beer or whatever to the concourses.

Agreed. Though whatever they sell must be good. At the Ipswich game, folk were queuing up to buy it...!'

Agreed. Though whatever they sell must be good. At the Ipswich game, folk were queuing up to buy it...!'

Have usuallly found thats all you can do - if you want to watch the game live you aren't going to manage anything else

Can only assume that those who drink in the ground either leave 15 mins before the first half ends or don't bother with the second half at all

Cannot see the point of spending that much to watch the match on a TV that is no bigger than the one I have at home

Have usuallly found thats all you can do - if you want to watch the game live you aren't going to manage anything else

Can only assume that those who drink in the ground either leave 15 mins before the first half ends or don't bother with the second half at all

Cannot see the point of spending that much to watch the match on a TV that is no bigger than the one I have at home

My thoughts entirely.

Meal with the "Kids" (18 and 19)

Lad just starting out on his drinking adventure. His review of the drinks he selected

Punk IPA - Lovely drink
13 Guns IPA - Vile crap (luckily didn't pay for that as it came with the meals)
Dead Pony Club - Nice but prefer the Punk

A budding Machin he isnt..

Previous trips out have seen Corona get a thumbs up & Amstel rejected as awful stuff.

He sounds pretty clued up to me! :D

Apart from the Corona thumbs up. But I suppose we were all young once...

Tend to drink Guiness or Ale, but on a hot day a bottle of Corona is awesome.

Downton Brewery Co - Hopoholic. Quite easily the worst pint of real ale I've had in a while.

Got a couple of bottles of Madness Night Boat London Porter in Lidl this evening.

Very nice. Tasting notes: definite hint of moist vadge with undertones of distant car fire. Big hit of baby's armpit on the nose.

Apologies for the snobbery, just thought I'd let Lycan, Leeds, Machin et al know I've mixed it up a bit...

Partizan - Rhubarb & Ginger - Saison 3.7%
Modern Times - Lomaland - Saison 5.5%
Tiny Rebel - In and Around the Mouth - IPA 6%
Tiny Rebel - FrambUZI - Sour 4.3%
Magic Rock - Common Grounds - Coffee Porter 5.4%
CRATE - Watermelon - Wheat Beer 5.5%
Brew by Numbers v Pohjala - 24|02 Amber Ale - Multigrain 3.8%
Weird Beard - Something Something Darkside 9.2%
Magic Rock - Rapture Can - Red Hop Ale 4.6%
Yeastie Boys - Digital IPA 5.7%
Magic Rock - Salty Kiss - Gooseberry Gose 4.1%
8 Wired - Hopwired IPA 7.3%
Beavertown - Quelle Can - Saison 4.1%
Weird Beard - Five O'Clock Shadow - IPA 7.3%
Beavertown - Black Betty Can - Black IPA 7.4%
De Molen - Heksen & Trollen - Saison 6%
Wiper and True - Citra & Rye - Amber Ale 5.2%
Pressure Drop - Bosko Absoluto - Double IPA 9%

The "local" Brewdog bar is having some tap takeovers soon. If you had to choose one, which would it be?

~ Magic Rock
~ Electric Bear
~ Beavertown

The "local" Brewdog bar is having some tap takeovers soon. If you had to choose one, which would it be?

~ Magic Rock
~ Electric Bear
~ Beavertown

I'd be tempted by the Beavertown one. They've just released their new IPA which has been a year in the making. They've just rebrewed Bloody Notorious, their double blood orange IPA too. Plus their core range is awesome. Oh and they've got a load of their barrel aged and sour beers coming out of their new facility. I saw something about a barrel aged Spresso (their imperial coffee stout - amazing beer) coming out soon.

Back