• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I did the latter in the middle of Prague once. Thankfully ended up bumping into my mates in the middle of the streets of the old town at about 4am. Fucking stupid idea that was!

QuadVod was a particular favourite of mine for a while... I downed 3 in quick succession before a night out once, ended up pulling a girl who will forever be known to my group of friends as 'the beast'.

It was all about vodka red bull when I was 18-21. They used to do doubles for a quid at Ramshackle at the Canal Club before 11pm. That was a good night out!

QuadVod was a particular favourite of mine for a while... I downed 3 in quick succession before a night out once, ended up pulling a girl who will forever be known to my group of friends as 'the beast'.

Oh Lycan, now our secret is out on a football forum!!

May have had a few cans of this shite as a 14-18 year old...

DragonSoopSourApple.jpg

The hangovers...

20-20 or White Lightning were the tipples of the day in my youth for those short of cash and also brains, though I never partook as I thought they were vile.

Think I was drinking snakebite & black up until I was about 25 :icon_lol:

Used to do the trick.

Anyone used to drink Hooch? Vile stuff.

We used to brew it at Burton while I was working at the brewery. It used to clog all the pipes up as it was that thick and nasty.

Mad dog? Another favourite of mine back in the day.

Then there was the tonic... I know Buckfast isn't really a thing down south but for some reason it's huge up here. So many (terrible) memories.

I had the odd pint of Diesel in my youth.

I was more prone to getting pissed and then start mixing my drinks though. I remember once spewing all over some bouncers as I rushed to get out of the doors and outside to do it... I never quite made it! That was down to lager, WKD, and Malibu and coke all on the go at once. What a prat! "They weren't best pleased" was the understatement of the century! That was also the night I simply wandered off from everyone never to be seen again. I still have no idea to this day how I got home that night.

Hmm, sounds very familiar :icon_lol:

I always make the mistake of mixing my drinks. One of my recent outings I was kicked out (vey aggressively by the bouncer) for mistaking a wall for the toilets...

I've never done it myself, but one of the Leicester lads at work got so pissed recently that he woke his girlfriend up by pissing in their wardrobe instead of the toilet.

Anyone used to drink Hooch? Vile stuff.

We used to brew it at Burton while I was working at the brewery. It used to clog all the pipes up as it was that thick and nasty.

I may have mentioned this before, but my Uncle invented Hooch :D

I did the latter in the middle of Prague once. Thankfully ended up bumping into my mates in the middle of the streets of the old town at about 4am. $#@!ing stupid idea that was!

Amsterdam was my city for this numbnuts idea.

My drink of idiocy at Uni was Blastaway. Did what it said on the tin - 1/2 Diamon White mixed with a castaway (peach schnapps/ white wine mix) which was 8% on its own. Grim.

Then there was the tonic... I know Buckfast isn't really a thing down south but for some reason it's huge up here. So many (terrible) memories.

That stuff, although brewed by monks is conceived by the devil. Genuinely evil drink.

There was an awful lot if Thunderbird "wine" drunk in my uni days. It was cheap and strong - can't think of, or at least remember, a single other redeeming feature.

That stuff, although brewed by monks is conceived by the devil. Genuinely evil drink.

I used to love it. I was in a random bar in Northallerton with Darlo after the Rotherham game and they gave us both a shot of tonic and I struggled to finish it. Mike wasn't a fan either... :icon_lol:

My other half being Scottish, means I know Buckie well. Fucking horrible stuff - literally like drinking poison. In terms of things English people are clueless about, the fact that's so popular north of the border has to be on a par with why Scots drink Irn Bru by the bucket load!

Just opened up a bottle of Hop House 13 lager. Tesco have a promotion on of 2 for £20 at the moment (for 15 bottles a box).

Good offer on at Morrisons at the moment as they have a Beer world promotion. 4 for £6 including Citra, Madness brews and lots of others including a rhubarb Saison which may be worth a try.

My other half being Scottish, means I know Buckie well. Fucking horrible stuff - literally like drinking poison. In terms of things English people are clueless about, the fact that's so popular north of the border has to be on a par with why Scots drink Irn Bru by the bucket load!

Just opened up a bottle of Hop House 13 lager. Tesco have a promotion on of 2 for £20 at the moment (for 15 bottles a box).

Don't you dare start on the Bru, I adore that stuff. Buck really is horrible though, like cough medicine mixed with hellfire.

Cali 13 is decent. Get it in a few pubs round by me these days.

Back