• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Have you tried any Langers?

If it's in the Welly I'd expect it to be reasonably priced too.

Of course - it's pretty good. I don't like it as much as most people on this thread seem to but it's a tasty drop.

Evil Keg at The Wellington? Awesome news.

Stone - Cali-Belguique. A 6.9% Belgian IPA. From a 2 week old can! Absolutely brilliant getting access to Stone beers through their new brewery in Berlin. This is a stunner, aroma is a lovely mix of banana/clove with a big hoppy citrus kick. Taste is like a much fruitier Belgian golden ale. Far superior to Buxton's effort (which I loved as well).

Stone - Cali-Belguique. A 6.9% Belgian IPA. From a 2 week old can! Absolutely brilliant getting access to Stone beers through their new brewery in Berlin. This is a stunner, aroma is a lovely mix of banana/clove with a big hoppy citrus kick. Taste is like a much fruitier Belgian golden ale. Far superior to Buxton's effort (which I loved as well).

Yowsers! That Buxton is one of my favourites.

Off to Wild Beer & Westcombe Cheese festival today. Yes please.

Tried the v6 last night, not a patch on v3 and I was really struggling to finish it by the end. Nowhere near as juicy and you could tell you it was punching 9%. I preferred the Vocation Smash & Grab to be honest and by quite a way.

I was planning on following it up with the v7, but I'll save that for another day.

Off to Wild Beer & Westcombe Cheese festival today. Yes please.

Tried the v6 last night, not a patch on v3 and I was really struggling to finish it by the end. Nowhere near as juicy and you could tell you it was punching 9%. I preferred the Vocation Smash & Grab to be honest and by quite a way.

I was planning on following it up with the v7, but I'll save that for another day.

Enjoy the cheese Nando.

Had five bottles of DIPAv7 delivered to a neighbour while I was away and now I can't find them!

Rogue - Dead Guy ale on the train to Leicester. Not unpleasant.

Flavourly having a clear out. 10 beers for £17.

ca6985e776c4365e58ff73e0b42d14d3.jpg

Dark Star - Espresso

Blacker than the heart of my ex wife, but far cheaper and tastier.

In the Real Ale Classroom in Leicester. Top place.

I know it's a beer thread but... A wee dram of Lagavulin 16 to celebrate giving Blues a hiding. Big peaty whisky like most are from South Islay but has a hell of a lot more to it than that. Smokier than most from Islay, lots of vanilla from the barrel, rich & quite sweet with a long seriously spicy finish.

Absolutely awesome afternoon at Wild Beer. Top blokes.

The Millionaire was absolutely incredible. A whole new beast on keg compared to bottle.

Got to try Beeblush, a slightly varied version of Epic Saison which was only kegged on Thursday. Beautiful.

Very clear that their interest is in sour beers and they're extremely proud to be the first in the country to push the market in the UK.

I've not been particularly convinced by some of the sours I've had before, but the ones I tried today, paired up with some of the best cheese in the country were sensational.

Their head brewer also said that Brewdog are releasing a sour range next year.

Interesting stuff Nando. I had a Gose chase from Wild beer last night and that was tart and sour. Very refreshing and I can see why they'd push it that way, almost playing to the cider/ lager drinking market where people like fizzy refreshing drinks.

Sours just don't do it for me, I tried one Wild Beer sour once (Somerset Wild) and it just tasted like bile from when you've had too much to drink and thrown up. A taste I doubt I'll ever acquire.

Sours just don't do it for me, I tried one Wild Beer sour once (Somerset Wild) and it just tasted like bile from when you've had too much to drink and thrown up. A taste I doubt I'll ever acquire.

Like cider then?

I had my favourite beer last nigh too. Tiny Rebels cuddle (Cwtch) which I could happily drink a vat of.

Back