• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Treated Deutsch to a 1/3 of a Flemish red from Rodenbach last night. Don't think it went down too well. :icon_lol:

Is that the grand cru? One of my favourite drinks.

Treated Deutsch to a 1/3 of a Flemish red from Rodenbach last night. Don't think it went down too well. :icon_lol:

I had a Flemish red, blended with balsamic vinegar, brewed with grape must and aged in oak barrels last night. It was rough as arses!

I had a Flemish red, blended with balsamic vinegar, brewed with grape must and aged in oak barrels last night. It was rough as arses!

Eeesh, that sounds awful. I had a sour from Wild Beer that was brewed with grape must, bloody horrible stuff.

I told you, it tasted like shit red wine :icon_lol:

I reckon that is why I feel awful today. No other factors.

Eeesh, that sounds awful. I had a sour from Wild Beer that was brewed with grape must, bloody horrible stuff.

Spent €15 on a big 75cl bottle of it too. About €10 worth will be going down the sink.

I told you, it tasted like shit red wine :icon_lol:

I reckon that is why I feel awful today. No other factors.

I love most Belgian beers but can't abide the sour stuff. The Rodenbach Grand Cru is the only Belgian beer I've ever had to tip down the bog. As you say tastes like off red wine.

It was, yes. Gorgeous beer, a little jarring after a long session on Golden Glow though...

I have a 2013 vintage bottle, saving it for a special occasion. It's even better on draft.

I have a 2013 vintage bottle, saving it for a special occasion. It's even better on draft.

Odd thing to do with a Holden's mate...

Vintage Holdens?, I'll have to buy one and hide it for a year or two.

It's beer hell round Towyn, all the usual suspects and I'm opting not to drink most of the time. Found a decent pub yesterday that did do a decent pint of San Miguel, not what I'd normally go for but in the heat it did the job. Got four bottles of Born to Die in the fridge fortunately which I've been saving. They'll probably go today.

They have better beer options in Wolverhampton than in Hinckley. Looks like a London Pride this evening.

Went in one of them in Prague. Fucking annoying place....ordered drinks and before they got them sorted all the bar staff jumped on the bar and danced.....yeah lovely moves team but how about handing over my drinks over.

Had a Wild Beer smoked orange barrel aged gose (Smoke and Barrels). It's an odd brew, not sure on the smokey flavour but the orange tartness is nice but then a slightly bitter almost vinegar like finish. Not wholly unpleasant but not one I'd buy again.

Last edited:
Back