• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Was that with the Facebook code, Johnny? Was looking at them myself earlier.

Fresh is one of my favourite pale ales.

Was that with the Facebook code, Johnny? Was looking at them myself earlier.

Fresh is one of my favourite pale ales.

Oddly it was with part of a fantasy football offering in the Telegraph (as well as a free £5 Coral bet on any goal scored in the Premier league before 5PM, fair to say that's a shoe in).

Don't do Facebook Nando, it doesn't agree with me.

Snap. At Craft Beer Co. in London there are currently 21 keg & 13 cask lines of Thornbridge beer on the bar!

Thornbridge are definitely prolific, their brewery must be huge. I find them a bit hit & miss on the whole though. They've produced some of the best beers I've ever had but also a lot of forgettable stuff.

Thornbridge are definitely prolific, their brewery must be huge. I find them a bit hit & miss on the whole though. They've produced some of the best beers I've ever had but also a lot of forgettable stuff.

Same here, Jaipur is one of my favourites, but nothing else from them has really impressed me.

Never tried Jaipur, I'll have to pick some up one day.

Jaipur is what started me on my craft beer 'journey'

I used to be a lager boy, I carry that shame every day.

The recipe was also designed by Martin Dickie who used to work at Thornbridge but is now the co-founder of some place named Brewdog??

I didn't have a head-turner so to speak, I went off lager years ago. Went from Export to Leffe and Hoegaarden after working in Brussels then just tried different ales when I was out. Would love to remember my first IPA, Three Boys Wheat was probably my first real craft beer and I still love that. Quality IPAs are my go to now.

Had previously been a 'Bitter' drinker. I would always support the microbrewery industry. I didn't really do 'craft' until a chance encounter with Northern Monk.

Was always an ale drinker. If it had golden in the name, I'd be all over it. Got the missus to thank for getting me a BeerBods subscription. The one beer from that which changed my thinking was Yakima IPA from Great Heck. Would never have touched a ~7% beer before, but this was a game changer. Pack full of flavour and not a hint of the abv. Amazing beer. Shortly after came Buxton Axe Edge which blew it out the water, and then Camden Town IHL. My hop obsession was confirmed.
At the same time the likes of Beer52 and Honest Brew were peddling their introductory and special offers so I just bought up as many of those as I could. If I'm having a beer at home it has to be craft beer now. A bottle of Bathams or Boondoggle just doesn't cut the mustard.

Last night comprised of drinking plenty of Golden Thread by Salopian Brewery. Head slightly hurts this morning.

Was always an ale drinker. If it had golden in the name, I'd be all over it. Got the missus to thank for getting me a BeerBods subscription. The one beer from that which changed my thinking was Yakima IPA from Great Heck. Would never have touched a ~7% beer before, but this was a game changer. Pack full of flavour and not a hint of the abv. Amazing beer. Shortly after came Buxton Axe Edge which blew it out the water, and then Camden Town IHL. My hop obsession was confirmed.
At the same time the likes of Beer52 and Honest Brew were peddling their introductory and special offers so I just bought up as many of those as I could. If I'm having a beer at home it has to be craft beer now. A bottle of Bathams or Boondoggle just doesn't cut the mustard.

I used to drink a lot of Ringwood beers as the local always has them in, Forty Niner was probably my favourite. Sunbeam was always on in there as well. Then there was Piledriver which was a must for me given it's a Quo beer, but like you say, none of them ever get drunk at home, it's craft all the way.

Axe Edge is still the core beer of choice with Brewdog's Hammer range close behind.

I had some more Elvis juice last night. It really is a lovely beer.

Firm favourite of mine. I was gutted last night, got a fridge full of Punk, DPC, Jack Hammer, Restorative Beverage for Invalids and Convalescents and Born to Die but couldn't touch any of it as I'm still getting over this fucking kidney infection and felt like shit.

It was you posting about Beerbods on here so I took the gamble. The Camden IHL was the "gamechanger" for me.

I tried Elvis juice. It was nice but it left me all shook up.

:icon_lol:

That made me laugh more than it should. Elvis Juice is quite nice, but I don't rate it quite as highly as others on here seem to.

I was at a wedding last night and they had Mad Goose on tap. Lush.

Back