• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Frank if you liked the Proper Job you'll no doubt really enjoy the more hopped up beers such as Jack Hammer, they're along the same lines but with a cleaner, crisper finish and much more bitter with a lot of bite. Elvis Juice is another beauty, hugely hopped and bitter with a massive grapefruit hit (no good if you don't like grapefruit!).

As I do like grapefruit, I should be ok. I have pre warned the good lady that this weeks shopping bill might be a little more expensive than normal.

:icon_lol:

Enjoy them mate, I'm sure you will.

45700672fcf9c0c18a8fd8cc6ab74f80.jpg

If you had tried Jack Hammer before, you would know about it!

New Wild Beer bar in Bristol has now opened. Heading down there tonight for plenty of beer and some awesome looking fish and chips.

wbwhappingwharf-6.jpg

Kingstone Press now on in one of my locals. Not bad at all.

Hoping to be able to get some v6 or v7 this weekend after missing out on v4 and v5, but typically we're down in Totnes this weekend and the stocklist doesn't seem to be sending any down that way. There's a decent bottleshop/bar there though, so maybe they'll get a bit in.

Otherwise I'll be relying on Wild Beer and The Navy Volunteer who are on the stocklist, and I know Small Bar are having a launch at 12 on Saturday, so hopefully there'll be some left on Monday.

Moor Confidence on cask. Unreal. The cans are good but this is seriously good.

Lycan, have you had the EFP email about getting two free bottles of Born To Die?

Ah man. Dream land.

It was glorious.

Followed it up with a 8.3% flat white porter by LHG and Arbor. Ridiculously indulgent to the point I couldn't hack anything else afterwards.

PM me your email address and I'll forward it to you mate.

I bought six.

I'll give it a miss mate, I'm stopping in Edinburgh on the way back from the Wolves game on Sunday and I'm hoping to swing by a really cool bottle shop (via 3 or 4 ace real ale boozers) so I'm saving my money for that. I've been eying that Hoppin' Frog showcase on their website for months, I keep meaning to save up so I can afford it but I've got the willpower of a soggy beer mat.

Had lunch at Woodhouse Farm Shop/Café in Kippen today which just so happens to be next door to Fallen brewery on the day they're releasing a fresh batch of Wrong Signals so I'm loaded down with goodies. Such a strange coincidence that we ended up there today... :whistle:

Basically EFPs who spent £20 on food and drink in Brewdog bars got two free bottles of incorrectly labelled BTD.

Got an offer from Beerhawk of £10 off so decided to order some stuff I've never had before:

Wild Beer Co - Frsh and Goose Chase
Wiper and True - Mosaic and Quintet
Thornbridge - Jaipur

Never tried any of them so looking forward to supping away.

Jaipur is one of my all time favourites.

Got an offer from Beerhawk of £10 off so decided to order some stuff I've never had before:

Wild Beer Co - Frsh and Goose Chase
Wiper and True - Mosaic and Quintet
Thornbridge - Jaipur

Never tried any of them so looking forward to supping away.

Excellent choices. All ace beers. Only one I've not had is the Mosaic but I can't possibly see how that would be bad, Wiper and True are class.

Back