• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Not looking forward to today, going to see Quo at Caldicot Castle so it's going to be a fiver for a can of piss. Luckily there's a pub round the corner, hopefully they've got something half decent.

I had a bottle of Spitfire Gold last night. Not bad at all, and better than the London Pride I had earlier.

Dark Star booked a page in the GBBF programme. Instead of advertising, they submitted this:

CpalxL-WcAEZgWK.jpg

That's ace.

On another note I did pick up the Dog Pack box of 12 Brewdog's (Punk, DPC, 5AM Saint and JackHammer) for £16 in my local Morrisons.

I see that TT's Boltmaker got the Gold Medal for Bitter at GBBF.

I see that TT's Boltmaker got the Gold Medal for Bitter at GBBF.

Didn't it win overall last year? It's nice but I don't understand quite how it's winning so many awards.

I did notice that Cwtch and the magnificent Surrey Hills brewery also won awards.

That's ace.

On another note I did pick up the Dog Pack box of 12 Brewdog's (Punk, DPC, 5AM Saint and JackHammer) for £16 in my local Morrisons.

Going to Morrisons on Friday. Will be getting a few beers I have not tried before. Not sure which ones yet, I will just have to see what they have.

That BrewDog collection looks like a brilliant selection. Wide range and a good price.

I might go for those.

Anyway having a pint of Rock Bitter from the Nottingham brewery. Not sure what to make of it.

I might go for those.

You'll love them mate, great beers. Especially Jack Hammer at that price.

On another note, you can get free next day delivery from Brewdog.com if you buy 6 or more bottles of Born To Die (plus any other beer you want to order on top) using code BTDFREE while stocks last. I just ordered six bottles funnily enough...

Going to Morrisons on Friday. Will be getting a few beers I have not tried before. Not sure which ones yet, I will just have to see what they have.

They do a 4 for £6 and I can heartily recommend Elvis Juice any of the Hardknott beers as well as the other Brewdog stuff. They have a good selection of tins too which I haven't tried so I can't tell you if they're any good or not. They have some Pistonhead stuff which is appear yay very good.

They also have 660ml bottles of Proper Job from Austell if you aren't feeling that adventurous but would like a good ale.

They do a 4 for £6 and I can heartily recommend Elvis Juice any of the Hardknott beers as well as the other Brewdog stuff. They have a good selection of tins too which I haven't tried so I can't tell you if they're any good or not. They have some Pistonhead stuff which is appear yay very good.

They also have 660ml bottles of Proper Job from Austell if you aren't feeling that adventurous but would like a good ale.

Thank you. I have had Proper Job, so I think adventurous could be the name of the game.

Frank if you liked the Proper Job you'll no doubt really enjoy the more hopped up beers such as Jack Hammer, they're along the same lines but with a cleaner, crisper finish and much more bitter with a lot of bite. Elvis Juice is another beauty, hugely hopped and bitter with a massive grapefruit hit (no good if you don't like grapefruit!).

Will have to take a trip to Wincanton then (nearest Morrisons') as Tesco & Asda locally never have anything that you lot have said you got from those stores

Let's see if Morrisons can do better

Pistonhead mainly do lager don't they? It's lovely stuff but I'm sure I've seen Frank say he doesn't like it.

Back