• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Confidence is superb, but the Evil Twin I had over Christmas was a whole new level.

Only seen it online, so it's unlikely I'll be picking any up for a while.

Almanac - Golden Gate Gose. A truly beautiful beer. A really delicate, floral, lemony gose with a mild sourness.

Vocation - Smash & Grab.
One of the best west coast style DIPAs around. Big tropical hit, Bitter and a solid malty body. So easy drinking for an 8.5% power-bastard!

Everyone who's tried it has said what an improvement over the keg it is. I don't think flavour is what has caused the controversy, it's the claim they've reinvented the wheel. Which they may well have, but you know Twitter!
Strangely enough the 2 brewers (one ex-BD) that I have spoken with think that the flavour is poorer than the 'Dead' DPC.

12822adea39ab63a40272d88b66f16eb.jpg

Just had 2 'table' beers, both at 2.7%. One from Evil Twin (Bikini IPA) and one from Buxton (Jacob's Ladder). The Evil twin just tasted like a piss weak pale ale, not impressed by it at all, but the Buxton was bursting full of floral British hops and had a surprisingly full body and strong malt character to it. A beer that you literally could chug all day if you wanted to. I've not had anything from Buxton for a while, they really are a superb brewery.

I had a Biere de Table from Six° North. 3.5% IIRC and really fully flavoured.

Why do you guys like beer? Tastes worse than tea ffs!

:wife:

Just had 2 'table' beers, both at 2.7%. One from Evil Twin (Bikini IPA) and one from Buxton (Jacob's Ladder). The Evil twin just tasted like a piss weak pale ale, not impressed by it at all, but the Buxton was bursting full of floral British hops and had a surprisingly full body and strong malt character to it. A beer that you literally could chug all day if you wanted to. I've not had anything from Buxton for a while, they really are a superb brewery.

Had a Table Porter by Anspach & Hobday which was 2.8%. Tasted lovely. Hints of dark chocolate and coffee, very light and drinkable. Really good. The Kernel's table beer is unbelievably good.

Machin, I had a bottle of Gentleman Jack yesterday. And it was very nice, though I am easily pleased. Have you ever tasted it?

I can't say I have, but it's not one that appeals to me. I really don't like Shepherd Neame beers. There's a really gritty earthy flavour that is apparent in all that I've tasted, so it's not a beer I'd pluck from the shelves.

I can't say I have, but it's not one that appeals to me. I really don't like Shepherd Neame beers. There's a really gritty earthy flavour that is apparent in all that I've tasted, so it's not a beer I'd pluck from the shelves.

Ok thanks. As you are aware I do like Shepherd Neame beers. But I am broadening my horizons.

The only one of their standard range I can drink happily is Bishop's Finger. The rest don't agree with me.

The only one of their standard range I can drink happily is Bishop's Finger. The rest don't agree with me.

Never trust a brewery that sells their beers in clear glass bottles.

Toccalmatto - Dr Caligari. A 6.3% raspberry Berliner weisse. A toast to Walter Zenga from a brewery about an hour away from his home town. Slightly tart with a strong raspberry flavour. Delicious.

Stone - Americano Stout. An 8.7% Espresso Imperial Stout. Pure decadence. I want to bottle that aroma and just live in it.

Stone - Americano Stout. An 8.7% Espresso Imperial Stout. Pure decadence. I want to bottle that aroma and just live in it.
Stone almost never put a foot wrong. Immaculate brewery.

Back