• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I don't get that from their posts at all.

Currently drinking a Cloudwater Simcoe Centennial Session IPA. Very citrusy orange flavour though still quite dry on the finish though.

They're big proponents of traditional beer and the history of drinking, brewing and public houses. Not typical crafties at all.

They're big proponents of traditional beer and the history of drinking, brewing and public houses. Not typical crafties at all.

I'm more with Leeds on the blog. However you did put up a YouTube on a vlogger who tasted beers and I thought he was very funny if a little crazy. Not sure he wasn't just taking himself too seriously but he was very good. Some of the written stuff is really pretentious claptrap.

Currently drinking a Cloudwater Simcoe Centennial Session IPA. Very citrusy orange flavour though still quite dry on the finish though.

Yeah, it's a great beer. They do a Simcoe Enigma one too which I think is a smidge nicer.

Shocking:

CocI9tCXgAAjpE2.jpg

The barrels in the background are a really classy touch.

Just had a Lindemans, Cuvee Rene. A blended lambic sour beer from Belgium. Overkill fad that's been handed down from generation to generation since 1822...

Very very ordinary IMO. Nowt special or original about it at all.

Badger are a bit of a 'beige' brewery for me. Nothing wrong with them per se, just nothing that stands out either.

You were correct. I have just had it, and while it was ok, I have had better beers.

Gentleman Jack is next on the agenda,

Crane - Glow IPA. Too biscuity for my liking. I want the hops to come through, not the taste of a digestive. Not one I'll go back to.

Vocation - Smash & Grab DIPA. It isn't Cloudwater DIPA, but is very decent. Good to see Vocation putting out a quality brew after the Tesco disappointments I've had recently. Recommended.

Wiper & True - Citra & Rye Amber Ale. They just always deliver, juicy hops, a slight little kick from the rye just balances it out perfectly. Not as good as their Amarillo Amber, which is probably my favourite beer, but very good.

Crane - Glow IPA. Too biscuity for my liking. I want the hops to come through, not the taste of a digestive. Not one I'll go back to.

Vocation - Smash & Grab DIPA. It isn't Cloudwater DIPA, but is very decent. Good to see Vocation putting out a quality brew after the Tesco disappointments I've had recently. Recommended.

Picked up a Smash & Grab earlier. Will have it over the weekend at some point.

Tonight's beers:
Chorlton - Hull Melon Lager - beautiful, juicy, refreshing and hoppy. No way is this a lager!
Magic Rock - Rapture. Not hoppy enough for me.
Magic Rock - Common Grounds. Triple coffee porter. Absolutely beautiful. Coffee and beer really do it for me.
Weird Beard - Tsujigiri. A yuzu IPA. 7.2% but tastes like fruit juice. Sharp, lemon and gooseberry type flavours.

Picked up a few others earlier too:

13886910_10157416668885647_2132504805696828449_n.jpg

Thought the same about the Rapture. It's got a nice body but doesn't pack the hop punch I was hoping for.

I need to find some more Heretic - Evil Twin.

I think Moor - Confidence is my favourite red ale. Closely followed by Weird Beard - Duke of Dank, and Big Hug - Himalayan, and Tiny Rebel - Cwtch, and Brewdog - Albino Squid Assassin, and Beavertown - 8 Ball, and Cloudwater - Red Ale, and Five Points - Hook Island...

Still not had a Heretic - Evil Twin though.

Back