• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Just bought a box of 24 This.Is.Lager for £21 delivered. I know it's piss but at 90p a bottle who gives a fuck?

Brewdog have started doing Dead Pony Club in 660ml bottles.

Co8dUJlWAAAiaYs.jpg

Hope they find their way to the supermarket shelves.

I've only seen Sainsbury's with 660ml bottles of Punk, everything else everywhere has always been 330ml.

This is why pubs are still closing at an alarming rate:

CpE-VM-WcAAXzXW.jpg

Fyne Ales - Redolence. 8.7% Dopplebock. Big, boozy, sweet, cloying beer. Tastes amazing. Raisin, plum, marzipan, cranberries... So fucking good.

Well it happened...my local Asda dropped the price of the cans of Dead Pony to 4 cans for £3.50

Well it happened...my local Asda dropped the price of the cans of Dead Pony to 4 cans for £3.50

I'm all over that too. My local Morrisons is stocking the Elvis juice and East India Saison from Brewdog so I've partaken in that offer. Never tried them so I'm looking forward to these with a thoroughly unhealthy curry this evening.

On another note, my local Frankie & Benny's restaurant burger chain has Samuel Adams on tap so thought it would be rude not to try. At over £4 a pint it's blody expensive but it was a very nice malty drop, hopped nicely and well balanced. A quality session ale.

I'm all over that too. My local Morrisons is stocking the Elvis juice and East India Saison from Brewdog so I've partaken in that offer. Never tried them so I'm looking forward to these with a thoroughly unhealthy curry this evening.

Both great beers.

Elvis Juice is not my bag, no sign of that grapefruit, just pure perfume that I really can't get on with from lighter beers.

Loved the Elvis Juice. Tremendous grapefruit flavour without tasting like a fruit beer. Really light and refreshing.

Just supping a Maui Coconut Porter. Absolutely delicious. Dark, roasted bitterness with a present, but not overpowering, coconut flavour. Some sweet vanilla notes. It all works together really well.

beer_59330.jpg

Great ain't it?

A truly great summer beer.

Not overly sold on the Electric India, my first Saison and I thought it was a strange affair, not quite whitbeer, not quite Belgian and not quite balanced.

Mind you it would have had to have been an absolute belter following the Elvis Juice which I could've drunk 10 of easily!

Back