• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Modern Times Booming Rollers. 6.8% IPA.

As Lycan states, also Northern Monk Dave is a good Gose Johnny.

Modern Times Orderville, 7.2% IPA, pale and yellow, a mix of the east and the west in the glass with a little haze but still plenty of oils in the nose, hoppy but not super bitter in aroma and taste, fruity juicy, but not sweet in the least, wheaty and interesting in the grain base, but not malty per se, its sort of a little of this and a little of that, not lazy but real relaxed.

Saltaire Kardinal, light amber ale single hopped with Styrian Cardinal, Vienna malt for body, balanced with citrus and gooseberry notes.
(5.7 % ABV)

4 cans Punk IPA £5.46 @ Morrisons.

Northern Monk Mango Lassi Heathen. One of the best brews from this brilliant brewery. Absolutely gorgeous. 7.2% and a wonderful balance between the sweetness of the fruit and the alcohol.

Bottle of Banks' 89p from Tesco!

Also a snazzy new bottle design!

I still like their bitter - first pint I ever had in a pub

Moor Revival, on cask at the local. Superb. I could have sat and drank it all evening.

Get one if you can, Frank!

Newcy Brown?

Doom Bar?

Lees Moonraker (AKA strainings from the devil's jockstrap)?

Other than that I'm struggling!

A blueberry and oatmeal stout was pretty hideous. That and every lemon or grapefruit flavoured beer that Darlo buys me!

Newcy Brown?

Doom Bar?

Lees Moonraker (AKA strainings from the devil's jockstrap)?

Other than that I'm struggling!

I've had 2 bottles of Newcy tonight, that's how bad the offerings are in the Ashmore Inn, in Wednesfield.

I am currently enough a bottle of Broadside. Strong but nice.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I've had 2 bottles of Newcy tonight, that's how bad the offerings are in the Ashmore Inn, in Wednesfield.

You were in the Ash yesterday? I had a pint of Jouster and a pint of Left Lion, nothing special at all but no bad. Give me a shout if you're popping in again and I'll nip down and have a swift one with you.

I've asked Kev time and again to get better beers in but he doesn't dig the craft beer scene at all. I think Top Totty is probably the best they've had in there on cask so far.

Last night's brews:

Electric India - Like a saison/IPA hybrid, quite impressed by this one. A typical farmhouse beer with a bitter hoppy edge, balanced by a warm orange backbone.

Born to Die - Still one of my favourite beers ever, brutally bitter and hopped to insane levels.

Ten Fidy - Thick, dark boozy heaven. Bitter-sweet cherries, rum, dark chocolate and a hint of burnt toast, amazing stuff that leaves a wicked aftertaste. Well worth six quid a pop.

A blueberry and oatmeal stout was pretty hideous. That and every lemon or grapefruit flavoured beer that Darlo buys me!

That Strawberry beer in the spoons by the station in Blackburn has got to be up there...

Grapefruit beers are fucking ace! Elvis Juice and Highwire being the best by far. In my humble opinion of course!

Back