• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

In what way?

It was fine when I posted about it earlier. I think they had a couple of returns in the last few days, which may have confused matters.

Sold out innit. I was thinking about coming along but I won't know for sure until I leave work tomorrow evening.

Only Friday afternoon and Saturday afternoon tickets left.

I remember the days when you could just walk up to the venue with no queuing no matter where or when the event was.

Bloody beer festivals getting all cool and trendy and popular!

As quality goes up, popularity rises :)

So do the admission prices. Ten fucking quid???

North Riding Brewery's Waimea. An excellent Pale Ale at 4.3% ABV.
Kirkstall's Slightly Sworded. An excellent 'Blonde' at 5.2%.

Bad Company's Slow Rider. A complete disappointment. Although only 2.8% it is supposed to be a gratefruit ale. It is so weak even Jilly Machin would struggle with any tasting notes. A waste of £2.90 tbh.

Tastebuds revitalised thanks to Brewdog Saison Blitz. Only 3.2%, but it packs some flavour.

Flipside - Golden Sovereign - 4.2% a quality golden ale with a tasty biscuit start and an almost floral citrus finish. A quality session ale.
Titanic - White Star - 4.5% an amber ale with a malty start and crisp finish, not too bitter.
Oakham - Bishops Farewell - 4.6% a citrus pale ale with an almost grassy flavour. It was OK but not as good as the others.

I should add they were all cask, pints and less than an Ayrton.

Modern Times Fruitlands. 4.8% Gose. Tarty, fruity and frighteningly delicious. The heavy dose of apricot turns the whole thing into a wall-to-wall stone fruit fiesta.

I must try some of the Gose beers. My last fruit style beer was a disgusting blueberry mess. Any recommendations for a beginner?

I must try some of the Gose beers. My last fruit style beer was a disgusting blueberry mess. Any recommendations for a beginner?

Magic Rock - Salty Kiss. Gooseberry gose. You can get them in quite a few places now. Pink can, you can't miss them. Really light and easy to drink.

Back