• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

That Strawberry beer in the spoons by the station in Blackburn has got to be up there...

I'd forgotten that - it was dreadful and certainly potential to be the worst beer I've ever had!

You love those grapefruit beers! ;)

Errm....no I don't!

@boozad - I don't like grapefruit so therefore I'm not keen on grapefruit beers! It's just Darlo keeps buying them for me, think he gets a kick out of watching me struggle with a pint!

Always good to see you struggle with a Pint, Steve

A blueberry and oatmeal stout was pretty hideous. That and every lemon or grapefruit flavoured beer that Darlo buys me!

You love those grapefruit beers! ;)

Errm....no I don't!

@boozad - I don't like grapefruit so therefore I'm not keen on grapefruit beers! It's just Darlo keeps buying them for me, think he gets a kick out of watching me struggle with a pint!

Always good to see you struggle with a Pint, Steve

Serves you right for the one you bought me in the Moon season before last insisting that all of you had enjoyed the one you had - can't remember what it was except that it was awful (not sure whether I finished it or not now)

Last day of term yesterday, which meant early finish, lunch in the pub, taxi to Clink Beer in The Custard Factory and then the evening session at Birmingham Beer Bash. Much fine beer was quaffed:

Sadlers - Peaky Blinder (Black IPA) 4.6% 1/2
Sadlers - American Rye (Rye IPA) 5% 1/2
Sadlers - Hop Bomb (Hoppy Pale) 5% 1/2
To-0l - My Pils (Pilsner) 4% 2/3
Black Market - Cherry Sour (Sour) 3.8% 2/3
Northern Monk - Northern Star (Mocha Porter) 2/3
Hardknott - Granite 2013 (Bourbon Barrel Aged Barley Wine) 14.4% 1/3
Quantum - Rowanberry Sour (Sour) 3.6% 1/3
Twisted Barrel - Saison From Another Place (Saison) 6.3% 1/3
Thornbridge - Bear State (American IPA) 7% 1/3
Twisted Barrel - Irreversible 8.5% (Double IPA)
Twisted Barrel - Oblivion (Export Indian Porter) 6.1% 1/3
Buxton - Bourbon Skyline (Bourbon Barrel Aged Sour) 7.2% 1/3

The Twisted Barrel Oblivion, Buxton Bourbon Skyline and Hardknott Barley Wine being the highlights of the festival.

Surprised at how many sour beers I'm having at the moment, never thought I'd take to them when I first tried them, but yeah, all over it now.

Serves you right for the one you bought me in the Moon season before last insisting that all of you had enjoyed the one you had - can't remember what it was except that it was awful (not sure whether I finished it or not now)

Was that the one that tasted like it had been brewed in an ashtray? Bloody awful

You were in the Ash yesterday? I had a pint of Jouster and a pint of Left Lion, nothing special at all but no bad. Give me a shout if you're popping in again and I'll nip down and have a swift one with you.

I've asked Kev time and again to get better beers in but he doesn't dig the craft beer scene at all. I think Top Totty is probably the best they've had in there on cask so far.

I was only in there as that's who we were playing at darts. I had a pint of boondoggle in there last season when we played them and it was pretty terrible (I don't mind it out of the bottle) so thought I'd avoid anything off tap this time around.

Might pop to the wine cellar in a bit to see what they've got in stock.

Last day of term yesterday, which meant early finish, lunch in the pub, taxi to Clink Beer in The Custard Factory and then the evening session at Birmingham Beer Bash. Much fine beer was quaffed:

Sadlers - Peaky Blinder (Black IPA) 4.6% 1/2
Sadlers - American Rye (Rye IPA) 5% 1/2
Sadlers - Hop Bomb (Hoppy Pale) 5% 1/2
To-0l - My Pils (Pilsner) 4% 2/3
Black Market - Cherry Sour (Sour) 3.8% 2/3
Northern Monk - Northern Star (Mocha Porter) 2/3
Hardknott - Granite 2013 (Bourbon Barrel Aged Barley Wine) 14.4% 1/3
Quantum - Rowanberry Sour (Sour) 3.6% 1/3
Twisted Barrel - Saison From Another Place (Saison) 6.3% 1/3
Thornbridge - Bear State (American IPA) 7% 1/3
Twisted Barrel - Irreversible 8.5% (Double IPA)
Twisted Barrel - Oblivion (Export Indian Porter) 6.1% 1/3
Buxton - Bourbon Skyline (Bourbon Barrel Aged Sour) 7.2% 1/3

The Twisted Barrel Oblivion, Buxton Bourbon Skyline and Hardknott Barley Wine being the highlights of the festival.

Surprised at how many sour beers I'm having at the moment, never thought I'd take to them when I first tried them, but yeah, all over it now.

And you woke up after all that lot...

Machin, have you heard of Firestone Walker Pale Ale? A friend up here who likes his real ale has said he will give me a bottle of it to try. Is it a nice drink?

If it's the Pale 31, then yeah it's absolutely beautiful

pale-31.jpg

Forgot to add that I picked up these two with the left over tokens from the Beer Bash.

bSE10QA9gWjwutItrnb_67inddmxfgoBkMfWZ-KjFnMqB6MnsM6GViWJWGrj1-6VqK8PHTcnWP3nlVia9Izc6-KYjF8vPil1eZjXl8vL0Lk-NtF0kceDWIEzTvGcQWdxrKUJsjwxCJJsRIYPBvyaAo2E2fMG3jF47u2hwHVW9NYjBKVNBYDYv_k8nFYJD3jPqvvCRfsGWg55VG-Dm9pfuvCRO3mfQ4UG09Fcfleklz1UfAf_ibXhR5HMg_Aapp2Xf6XQkpn0Ck4895AS8C8cofxiwwB32WQ81scF6gSKwG4IK-pdGwWQQNzBPk5C4qWYV0761MZmzvKjAXI2jaGzRMqMZgh-xmWzYUa5Tn7V0NoFV0ig64O1GKHqmcsnQ-GFc7qSk3oPDiXYbMVb00ksPXOTn5jaRAGBMSiGccD7h384gc7R-zDSKwvWM4vN_AsoRgq67g3z2mlGp-L0dxD22OdJLo0xk1hbAGSa-O4MYcUl5noRft1QLNrIA2H9Ou_RRpazO2i3qn64maNgAEfphvDC4_Jz1m-e-DIZUx-NGXRUfJCSTbTTFxkRKvQbZBzrJsWO0XD8r7rR2Uv4TEF0uoiHHaX4XIM=w1134-h979-no

Been after that Coconut Porter for a while.

Saw a mention of Strawberry beer on here earlier - Camden are doing a Strawberry Hells Lager which launches next week.

Machin, have you heard of Firestone Walker Pale Ale? A friend up here who likes his real ale has said he will give me a bottle of it to try. Is it a nice drink?

Firestone are one of the best breweries in the world Frank. Mainly known for their big boozy imperial stouts but I'm sure the pale ale will be nice as well. Not had that particular beer but I've had their Easy Jack IPA which I highly recommend.

Forgot to add that I picked up these two with the left over tokens from the Beer Bash.

Been after that Coconut Porter for a while.

If it's half as good as the Oskar Blues coconut porter it'll be absolutely stunning.

Saw a mention of Strawberry beer on here earlier - Camden are doing a Strawberry Hells Lager which launches next week.

That sounds awesome! Do you know if they're canning that?

To Ø1 Gose to Hollywood. 3.8% Gose with Oranges, Malts: Pilsner, Biscuit, Cara Pils, Wheat, Unmalted Wheat.

Scrummy.

Life's a Beach. Collaboration between Brass Castle and North Riding Breweries. 3.7% Fruit Beer.

Five Points Pale. An extremely good American PA at 4.4%.

Five Points IPA. An excellent 7.1% American IPA.

To Ø1 Roses are Brett. 6% Saison brewed with raspberries.

Last edited:
Been to the wine seller today. Some fine stuff in there, but you have to be careful a fair bit is out of date.

Back