• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Been to the wine seller today. Some fine stuff in there, but you have to be careful a fair bit is out of date.

Yeah, always worth checking the dates, especially on the hoppy pales and IPAs. They normally stick the out of date stuff in a separate box and sell it for a quid. Picked up some decent stuff from that deal. Cloudwater IPAs, Red Ales and recently grabbed an Anspach & Hobday Table Porter.

Unfortunately, I don't think his stock rotation is particularly rapid.

To be fair a lot of off licences are like that, pity he's not closer to Wednesfield as I'd be in there all the time. Drinks for less on the Cannock road, over half his stuff is out of date.

Having a can of Heart & Soul from Vocation - new one on me, but very good.

To be fair a lot of off licences are like that, pity he's not closer to Wednesfield as I'd be in there all the time. Drinks for less on the Cannock road, over half his stuff is out of date.

Fucking hell if he was closer to Wednesfield I'd be bankrupt or dead.

Had a can of Black Eyed King Imp (barrel aged, Vietnamese Coffee Edition) from Brewdog last night. It's lovely but at 12.7% found it quite hard going after a while and that's coming from someone who loves a big boozy imperial stout. It doesn't hide the alcohol at all.

This Mango Lassi Heathen from Northern Monk is truly awesome.

Had a Northern Monk new world IPA earlier today, very nice it was too.

Abolition amber ale from the sonnet 43 brewery with a meal in yarm, 6/10 good body and nice colour but the taste and was a little lacking and a touch fizzy for my taste.

Weetwood Brewery's Cheshire Cat - a very good session blonde, nice and citrusy and refreshing on a hot day.

Tempest - Unforgiven Red Rye. A 5.4% smoked red rye ale. Well made beer, not too smokey, not too spicey from the rye and a nice hoppy finish but it's just not for me. Smoked beers just aren't doing it for me atm.

Tempest - Unforgiven Red Rye. A 5.4% smoked red rye ale. Well made beer, not too smokey, not too spicey from the rye and a nice hoppy finish but it's just not for me. Smoked beers just aren't doing it for me atm.

I had one of those at New Year. Was not as smoky as a Schlenkerla, but still too much for me. I don't think they really work unless you're pairing with food.

Got some Proper Job on offer In Tesco's this morning - not seen them have it before as locally usually a pretty uninspiring choice

Tesco usually have both Proper Job and Workie Ticket...I like them both

tesco's down here are poor - usually just the stock offerings like Doombar & Old Speckled Hen

Chorlton - Hüll melon lager. A 5.7% hoppy Kellerbeir. World class. All lemon & honeydew melon with a nice biscuity malt backbone and a subtle bitterness. NaturtrübMAX.

They've started stocking Chorlton at The Wine Seller. Might have to try one of their lagers. The Amarillo Sour from them I had was beautiful.

Oh, and what's a Keller beer?

Back