• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Sierra Nevada can be found in most supermarkets these days.

I know I am very conservative in my choices of beer, but I must admit I have never heard of a lot of ales you mention. Where do you get them from?

They were all on tap in Slater's and the Dog & Doublet.

There are plenty of online retailers as well, if you look at Honest Brew, Brewdog, Eebria etc there are absolutely loads to choose from. Bit on the expensive side but well worth it.

There are plenty of online retailers as well, if you look at Honest Brew, Brewdog, Eebria etc there are absolutely loads to choose from. Bit on the expensive side but well worth it.

Ok thank you. I shall expand my scope regarding beer drinking

Tesco or Asda are a good start too - not too many of the really obscure beers, but they generally have a good selection of craft ales (including my favourite dead pony club).

Tesco or Asda are a good start too - not too many of the really obscure beers, but they generally have a good selection of craft ales (including my favourite dead pony club).

It looks like I will be busy stocking up over the next few days.

Thank you for the help Gents.

Tesco has really expanded it's range recently. Their range of craft beer in cans is really good. Look for stuff by Adnams, Vocation and Brewdog. Can't go wrong.

Been a bit inconsistent since they landed the Tesco contact, unfortunately.

Oh and Frank, don't be put off by the abv of some of the beers, you won't be able to taste it.

Dry & Bitter's Everybody Dance. A 4.6% Pineapple Sour. Superb.
6°North Biere de table. A pleasant Saison. Only 3.5%, but packs some flavour.
Mikkeller Green Gold, 7% American IPA. Big.

Tempest - Brave New World. 7% IPA. Big grapefruity American IPA with a relatively low bitterness. Gorgeous.

Just tried a Yeastie Boys - Pot kettle black, completely unexpected that perfumey/air freshener taste from a porter, had to ditch it as with any other craft beer that presents the same issue.

Thankfully had a mud city stout to fall back on, much more to my taste.

Pot Kettle Black is my favourite porter out there, gorgeous stuff.

Harbour Brewing Co. Amber Ale. Excellent cask craft ale. A 4% English Bitter. Glorious stuff and no nitro needed.

Went to the Anchor at High Offley for a pint by the canal this afternoon, beautiful spot:

60b6cb2c1ede63371975a12c1fdcbfb7.jpg

Had Wadworth Horizon on draft, it was almost heaven, only ruined by the beer tasting like warm piss :(

Had a bottle of Jiang Shi from Six°North last night. An 8% Belgian Double IPA. Absolutely glorious. A beautiful, full bodied, hazy as fuck golden beer. Up front the aroma is all funky Belgian yeast and banana from the wheat but finishes with a huge tropical fruit hit from the hops. Tastes like a dream. Honeycomb, banana & mango with the yeastiness lingering in the background. I absolutely loved it, could potentially be a new favourite of mine.

Back