• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Hops are in the same family as marijuana so it's quite a common attribute in big dank hoppy IPAs. It just adds a savoury herbacious note to proceedings.
You must have been 'smelling' some rubbish weed Johnny if you're likening it to cat piss!

Indeed. Bottled Grolsch always used to smell of weed when you opened the bottle, even though it was piss. Plenty of craft beers have that twang to them these days, especially red/rye IPAs.

Really?

That's a reason for me to keep avoiding then sadly. Smell of dope makes me physically sick.

I'm struggling to think of many 'craft' beers I've drunk that really stink like weed. I can't abide the smell of it either, Paddy.

I wouldn't let it put you off sampling some if you can.

A lot of American pale ales seem to have that kinda smell, but not not so as you'd really notice unless you were paying a lot of attention.

Can't say I've partaken in the herb, but my next door neighbour is certainly a fan!

I was more talking about the 'dank' smelling beer. Not a fan, however the missus does say Titanic Iceberg has a weed smell but I quite like it and it doesn't have the aftertaste of cat piss. I guess my palate isn't as discerning as it should be.

Yeah, it's not an aftertaste more an underlying savoury thing.

Brewgooder - Clean Water Lager. Sorachi/Saaz hopped pilsner style lager. Really fucking good. So refreshing, so drinkable, so so flavourful for a lager. I'm going to go out on a limb and say this might be the best British brewed lager I've ever had.

All profits go to clean water projects in Africa as well which is cool.

c7025f7641169f5be1d2fbb9dbdce3ca.jpg

ca3d556652432e823d92595aa4f869fe.jpg

Moor - Revival. 3.8% pale ale. Gorgeous and packs a punch for the low ABV.

One for you to try, Pad!

Picked up some Weal ales. Has anybody tried these before?

Again, Frank has a lot to answer for....

I must be getting old as I've laughed at both of those jokes tonight.

Had a Cloudwater/Magic Rock - Three's Company tonight. One of the best big IPAs I've ever had. A juicy Axe Edge without the bitterness. Unbelievable beer. Anyone who likes a big hoppy IPA needs to get one of these fuckers. At 8.3% I guess it classes as a DIPA but it drinks like a juicy pale ale. Ridiculous.

The Beavertown takeover at JB's was ace.

Armillaria Mater, St Clement's Phantom, 8 Ball, Gamma Ray, Neck Oil and Bloody 'ell. Absolutely brilliant.

Tried some corkers yesterday with Rogue Cold Brew coffee IPA being the pick of the bunch, an absolutely stunning brew.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale didn't really do it for me, a touch too metallic which killed off the grapefruit instantly.

Heretic Shallow Grave was a stunning porter, brimming with roasted coffee and dark chocolate. Brilliant.

Arbor Breakfast Stout, a proper thick, boozy stout with chocolate dominating proceedings. Top brew but way too sickly after two pints.

Tried some corkers yesterday with Rogue Cold Brew coffee IPA being the pick of the bunch, an absolutely stunning brew.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale didn't really do it for me, a touch too metallic which killed off the grapefruit instantly.

Heretic Shallow Grave was a stunning porter, brimming with roasted coffee and dark chocolate. Brilliant.

Arbor Breakfast Stout, a proper thick, boozy stout with chocolate dominating proceedings. Top brew but way too sickly after two pints.

I know I am very conservative in my choices of beer, but I must admit I have never heard of a lot of ales you mention. Where do you get them from?

Back