• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Redwillow Shameless - 5.9% IPA. Cracking little IPA this one, didn't expect much but I was well wrong. Big on the hops with a sharp, bitter citrus twang. It fades really quickly into a spicy, honey, hoppy boozy thickness. Well interesting.

Gipsy Hill - Hepcat & By the Horns - Samba king. Two juicy as hell pale ales. The Hepcat is insane, all overripe Mango & Papaya. The Samba has a lemony/saisony thing going on in the background with a touch of spiciness from the rye.

BBNo 35|02 - 6.5% red IPA. Lush as fuck. Malty, resinous pine balances perfectly with the Cutra and Chinook. Another quality BBNo.

Guys - weird beerd are doing a special Lawnmower Deth beer. Could one of you guys try and get me some?

Yeah man, I want some of that myself. Hope it's Rudy and the Dweebs.

Is Lycan not gonna get any shtick for "overripe mango & papaya"?!?

Been drinking Oakham Ales JHB tonight. A decent bitter that tastes lemony. That's as far as my tasting notes go.

13590386_10157291577365647_7982090750530751676_n.jpg

Last night's BeerBods and BeerBodsPlus.

Both absolutely rocking! The Appleation was less apple-y and more saison-y than I remember. There's a definite apple flavour, but it comes as more of a tarte edge than an overriding flavour. Good spice and slight sourness. No sign of the 8.7% either. Brilliant beer.
Not had the Green Devil before, but it was really good. Oily, resinous mouthfeel, really coats the mouth and holds those flavours in. Pineapple, mango and lemon. Top quality IPA that may be overlooked in favour of the Cloudwaters and Brewdogs of the beer world - I know I've been guilty of it.

Off up to Stockport this weekend and will be popping over to the Cloudwater Brewery to pick up some bottles. They are releasing DIPA 4 & 5 which I wasn't going to bother with as it's a small experimental batch. Essentially 4 & 5 are the same beer but one is dry hopped during fermentation, and the other after fermentation has finished. They've done internal testing but will be asking for feedback from the buying public - the results of which will be used for DIPA 6, which will be a proper big release. I figured as I was in the area, it'd be rude not to. Hoping there are a couple of other new bottles to pick up too. Heard something about a red wine barrel aged stout.... hmmmmm.

Green Devil now available in Tesco, at least in my local one, along with Elvis Juice. Needless to say I picked up a couple of each.

Green Devil now available in Tesco, at least in my local one, along with Elvis Juice. Needless to say I picked up a couple of each.
Elvis juice in tesco? That's a fucking result!

Picked up a few bottles when out and about:

Sadlers - mud city stout and hop bomb
Inns and Gunn - original (660ml)
Oakham - Citra

All for less than £8.

Will have to get some Green Devil - does anybody know if Sadlers do a brewery tour?

does anybody know if Sadlers do a brewery tour?

Yes they do. I strongly advise going for a meal there as well. It's a superb restaurant. You might even get food thrown in with the tour.

After a great weekend away it is nice to get back to proper beer. Titanic, yes please. And it went down very well.

Lervig - Hoppy Joe. American red ale. Dangerously drinkable. Very nice indeed.

Sadlers - Hop Bomb. Miles too sweet for me. Completely wipes out the hops right from the outset.

Wild Beer - Pogo. Decent enough but slightly disappointed, was expecting more.

Magic Rock - High Wire. Stonkingly good West Coast pale ale. Hit the spot.

Moor - Radiance. Absolutely superb blonde beer. Very much recommended.

Pressure Drop - Domino Topple. 7.2% Mosaic IPA. Beautiful.

Happy 4th of July!!

Celebrating after work with a passion fruit, apricot, blood orange & cherry pale ale from my favourite American brewery Oskar Blues. A real beauty. Perfectly balanced, such easy drinking.

And another beer from a completely new American brewery to me called Logsdon, based in Oregon. A 7.5% saison fermented with wild yeast. Absolutely incredible. One of the best sour beers I've had in a long time.

Eebria got DIPAv4 and DIPAv5 in but limited to one of each per customer. Bastards.

Back